Reviews for Single Parent Hawke
blackcat chapter 12 . 7/29
This is such a great story; it picks up perfectly from the end of S3 and is completely in-keeping with the circumstances at that time.
The subtlety with which you have written the shifting nature of Hawke and Caitlin's relationship; no sudden declarations of love (which would be out of character), just this continued suppressed longing of Caitlin's which we know has been there for some time, but she refuses to give in to it, and Hawke's very gradual awakening to the fact that he is feeling more for her than he thinks a friend should (I love how comfortable he is living with her).
I love the way you have other characters seeing the frission between them; Michael, Dom, the social worker and even the bad guys! Great plot as well. With the best will in the world, Hawke was always going to struggle with bringing up a child in his situation at this point.
You haven't posted any new work in over a year and I only discovered you a few months ago when I watched Airwolf again for the first time since the 80's; I hope you get to read my reviews, because you really deserve to know just how brilliant your writing is; a real talent!
Wildfire's Flame chapter 12 . 7/5/2016
Very very nice. I loved it. Can't wait to read more when I get the chance.
Pumita chapter 12 . 9/23/2009
Hi !

Well, I have to say that I am more then thrilled because I have found such wonderful stories about Airwolf and even more thrilled to see that most of them focus on Hawke and Caitlin ! I just adore this couple and I can't believe the show never gave us any good moments to remember !

Single Parent Hawke is a great story. I think the essence of each character has remained intact and it is really very difficult to satisfy a fan ! Hawke and Caitlin lived up to my expectations in this story as well as Dom ! I enjoyed reading about Hawke and Caitlin living together and taking care of the child and how she helped him all the way without trying to make it too obvious she is so much in love already. the fact that she could make her own decisions and he respected them in spite of his fear was fantastic !It was sad to see Hawke say goodbye to the boy but i guess it was better this way. I felt I was watching one more episode of Airwolf (a great one) and I enjoyed every minute of it ! I am printing all the stories to read them at night before I go to bed. Congratulations Rachel, you are a great writer and here you have a fan ! I hope you go on writing about these two !

Liliana
catnipgirl chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
When you watch the TV series, it is so very sweet that Hawke wants to live with Le, but when you stop and think about it, balancing a career and parenting is, even with the most sympathetic work environments, very difficult. I like your take on that issue. I thought that Ana's being rounded up by a white slavery ring (query: is it still a white slavery ring if you are Asian?) and then rescued a bit far fetched, but not very much more so than the storylines of some of the actual Airwolf episodes. Since the characters in this story recur in your later stories, it doesn't detract as much from your excellent storytelling.

I love that you were writing most of these stories during my maternity leave. My only regret is that I didn't find you then.
Cole Von Doom aka Belthazor chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
WHAT CRAPPY WORK! DO US A FAVOR AND WRITE NO MORE BULL CRAP STORIES MOTHERFUCKER!
Lady Razorsharp chapter 12 . 3/13/2007
"Overhead, Airwolf screamed a challenge."

Okay, fangirl that I am, this made me go 'YES!' XD What can I say; I love all the characters but The Lady is my very favorite. _ (esp. with Dom at the helm!)

Overall, this was really a great read. Scummy bad guys, Airwolf to the rescue, calling in the cavalry, and the teaser about Saint John-are you sure you didn't write for the series? ~_

Your interpretation of Hawke is spot on-a good guy who's tough and can be just a little dangerous, but has a strong sense of family and loyalty.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your series!
SithelfJen chapter 12 . 3/6/2007
I really liked your story. The writing and the pacing was execellent and the plotline was believable as well.

Poor Hawke for having the courage to let Le go.

I look forward to reading more your work.
Dysthymia chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
I love this story.
rainefan chapter 12 . 1/9/2007
Great story! I loved the show when it was originally on, and I'm enjoying them on DVD now. You've done a wonderful job keeping the characters true, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your stories.
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
I've never read any Airwolf fanfic before, in fact I'd about forgotten about this much-loved show from my youth until I saw the episodes airing on the SciFi channel today. I love these characters and I can't wait to start on your "virtual season" of stories.

Thanks so much for the intro chapter, it really helped set the stage and refresh my memory.

Kelly
Jchckin chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
good story
Kaydeek chapter 12 . 12/16/2005
I love this Story can't wait to read more of them

I have always loved cait and String I have season one on DVD But all of them on Video
trecebo chapter 12 . 12/14/2005
Well, whoo-doogies! You shore made that come out well. Organized women can sure put a hurtin on... And Le's mom! Yea and bummer at the same time. But a lot of soul searching can only lead to...what ever you have planned next. :D
trecebo chapter 11 . 12/14/2005
Go, Cait. No damsel in distress here, baby. But Darrow is gonna pay.
trecebo chapter 10 . 12/14/2005
Oh, nuthing says EW like a dirty LEO. Dude. Bill is a bad fish. And nice touch with Michael noting Hawke's autopilot defense in regards to Cait...