Reviews for There's Always a Way
Katia Dashwood chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
"It wasn’t often that someone in my line of work finds a job that is lucrative, on the side of love and freedom, and gives one the opportunity to murder a lot of people that desperately need killing." This was an excellent take on the Marriage Law!
Syron13 chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Really interesting. I like it. I actually only read it because you mentioned it in a summory for a Naruto story that I was thinking about reading and wanted some background info. I usually don't read one shots.
Memphis Atari chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
this is the first OC i've ever ever liked. marvelous.
Shulblaka Saphira chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Nice job, original too...
RakeeshJ4 chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
What an interesting story! Heh, I suppose I've read too much Tom Clancy and modern military-style thrillers, because I couldn't help myself from wondering many times while reading HP, "OK, why doesn't someone simply assassinate Voldemort?" Instead of all this over-the-top direct confrontation and whatnot. Snape's duplicity was the only nod to 'the way things really work' as far as dealing with murderous tyrants, which is one of the reasons I liked it so much.

Riley is an interesting fellow, I like reading his perspective. You do a great job of making his dialogue (and monologue) interesting and humorous. And for what it's worth for someone who isn't an assassin or a soldier or a cop, I do think you did a solid job capturing the mentality of someone like that, of how they might think and view the world. Particularly since you avoid getting TOO technical, which makes it easier I suppose.

I have to ask: you totally went back and edited this after HP:DH came out, right? Heh, I have a hard time imagining you got all of those predictions so correct over two years ago.
JoeBob1379 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I love it!

My favorite line:

"I never expected that conducting a campaign of organized terrorism to be so morally uplifting."

Lol : )
Dream's Abyss chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
I just re-read this. The first time was around the time when "Team 8" had maybe 5 chapters. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, it's even funnier the second time.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
Strangely enough...I think this makes a perfect direct follow-up to "Deathly Hallows" - before the stuff in the epilogue - and I can just imagine the surviving followers of Voldemort thinking they can get revenge on their opponents via law and order. Awesome, awesome stuff;D
christi chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Loved it, loved it, loved it. You should do more one-shots like this. I rarely enjoy OCs because most are done terribly, or seem too contrived. This was brilliant.

Also love NoFP, too, btw. Waiting eagerly for the next update.
Lady Alinor chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Awesome story! I loved it.
DeengoBlue chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
I usually pass up on the Marriage Law challenge fics, but you promised an interesting take...and you didn't let down.
tzar1990 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Great story! I particularily enjoy it, and you got the personalities of the characters down well. I also find it interesting how well it matches with the Deathly Hallows canon, despite being written a fair time before it was released.
TheRomanticNerd chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
Interesting fic - I was really impressed by it. Love the assassin. DIE MALFOYS! And Fudge :)
Steven Kodaly chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
This was very nicely done - Harry actually calls in a professional!
Throckmorton chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
wow, I really liked this. I think you have a gift for writing (I've read some of your other stuff too)

Thanks for entertaining!