Reviews for There's Always a Way
Jeanne2 chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Excellent. I really enjoyed your idea for this one.

Keep on writing!

Kiwi Jeanne
Suzerain chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Ah, in a word: Genius.

It was fantastic. Kudos to you.

And no, I'm not being lazy and not logging in: it simply won't let me.

Anyhow, congrats again. Toodles!
Abyssion chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
Wow! Out-there idea, but well executed! I enjoyed this a lot.
QueenOfHalf-BakedIdeas chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
Wow. The tone and the continuity of it was simply amazing. Riley's voice was clearly projected throughout the whole thing, and I could HEAR him speaking. The only modification I think of to recommend is that you use more than just visual imagery. We have hands, a nose, and even though it isn't used as much, a tongue, too. As a matter of fact, I just read in a science magazine that smell is the most complex sense using over 350 whatever-they're-calleds, compared to the three things the eyes use, and they can trigger memories better that sights or sounds.

As a simple excersize, try carrying a note-pad with you everywhere and whenever you have any extra time, write whatever you hear, feel, or smell at that moment, but in seperate paragraphs. Use either short phrases or describe the scene you're in using only the sense you're focusing on. It's actually pretty fun. I was just at a writing camp where the instuctor made us do it.
that1 chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
Wow!

That was a fun one.
tg77ed chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
cool story i can just imagine fudgesicles head popping great visual.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
I wasn't sure where this was going, but I had to love "the scariest Englishman since Keith Richards". Oh Merlin, I can't believe they want Hermione to marry Lucius! That ending was gorgeous. I love how you reasoned it out. Horrible notion, but wonderfully written.
clara200 chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
hmm nice fic. It's different.
fire and napalm chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
Excellent!

One of the most interesting combinations I've ever read. Reminds me of how one of my friends writes, and I like his work. Would never have thought someone could combine... I think a good phrase could be 'gratuitous violence' with sentimentality and emotion. Well written, and I really like it. Excellent short.

Fire and Napalm
Griselda chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Right answer to that challenge:-)
The Bog Witch chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
"I never expected that conducting a campaign of organized terrorism to be so morally uplifting." -Best line ever! This is so creative. It's a great twist on that 'marriage law' cliche. I really like it.
Nemesis27 chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Fantastic story! Just the sheer novelty of seeing Hogwarts from the outside and after the war and Voldemort was refreshing. I very much enjoyed the protagonist's musings and perception of Magical England. If nothing else, this story is a wonderful reply to all the Mary Sue, pureblood wannabees that are on this site. Incredibly well done!
LibLeo chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
A stunning piece, and effectively short. The only criticism I have (and it's not much of one) is I felt a gap in the storyteller's identity, but it really shouldn't be corrected. It was the only thing I frowned at at the end.

You're on my Author Alert list! Lovely job, and a cute representation of Blighty (Being a Briton myself, I think you could have done a lot worse).

God
sparky40sw chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
coming so soon after reading your author's note about John Ringo made the association as clear as skywriting - and Ghost being magical would certainly explain how he survived some of the things that he did - this is a great addition to his list of exploits.

In addition - the fates meted out could not happen to amore deserving bunch of literary characters.

Thanks
madnarutofan chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
THAT was fricking awesome. I only wish that I could hear about the continued advnetures of this bad ass guy. Seriosuly, it would be greta to see some sort of planetary mercenary.
339 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »