Reviews for The Watch
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Ha ha! Yahiko will try anything to learn Hiten Mitsurugi, will he not? He should know better than to think he can pull the wool over Kenshin's eyes.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Nah, nah, I get it. It's meaning is subtle, and I had to re-read it a few times, but I get it. Kenshin knows that Yahiko is watching him as he trains. He letting him learn from him, slightly reluctantly.

See? It's not TOO obscure. But I like it.

*has read almost all of your fics but is too lazy to review on most of them*
Shirou Shinjin chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Short, and sweet. This makes the third "being watched" story I've read :P I guess Kenshin really can't help but help Yahiko with his training, even if he won't teach him Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu.
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
This was very nice... an interesting mix of observation and perception between the two :) Once again I must say: great work! I wish I could try my hand at a companion piece, but I'd never be able to do it. I'd love to see what other people come up with though!
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
Hmm. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with being obscure. In others I find it sometimes maddening, sometimes fascinating, but when I do it it's...satisfying. Especially when readers understand.

Interesting look at the relationship between Yahiko and Kenshin. This could be where Yahiko came up with his pseudo-mitsurugi moves. And as for a spin-off Kenshin and Hiko fic, hmm... (strokes chin).
Peacebunnie chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
Interesting... I like it, though it took reading a couple times over to clearly organize it in my brain. You achieved vagueness, in a good way.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
*nods* I still love the power behind this fic. The vaugeness (can't spell... sorry!) just adds to it. I can totally feel Kenshin's wish to let Yahiko observe. To not hinder him... yet at the same time, his concern that Yahiko is learning the wrong stuff. That he's ONLY observing what can be seen by the naked eye, such as the proper grip. Yahiko does not understand the teachings of Hiten Mitsurugi, which in the long run could potentially make him more dangerous than Battousai, if Kenshin doesn't eventually interviene, which of course, being kenshin, he will do... Also, Yahiko can't understand that the kata for Kenshin is a part of him... not just something to study, but one of the few rare glimpses that Yahiko can get into Kenshin himself... seems a shame that Yahiko seems to miss that small detail... or perhaps that's what draws him there in the first place.

Nice job;)

Sirius
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
Great moment and something that seems very in character for Kenshin, allowing Yahiko the chance to observe witout direct instruction. I would love a companion to this of Kenshin as a trainee watching Hiko. It would be very different considering their personalities and training methods but I can just see Kenshin trying to sneak up on Hiko. The first two and a half lines could be identical... where would you go from there? What do you think, a challenge or a bad idea?
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
Nice use of consonance with all the 'w' sounds! I can totally see Kenshin knowing what's going on around him but not letting on. He's always so careful of others' feelings! Nice job!