Reviews for Synesthesia
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
River's abilities are good for Zoe
the sun in splendor chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
beautiful. i have no other words for this.
Eliche chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Very nice! i really liked this
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
*cries, literaly*
Zombie Cordelia chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
Poor Zoe.

As always, you cram complex issues into a neat, tidy little nutshell and then break it in half, leaving the strewn pieces for all of us to gape at.

Erm. That means, me like your writing. O.o
Elizabeth Scripturient chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
Book has simply disappeared, an enigma even after everything, even to the psychic who knew more than most. As for their dead allies, she tries to block them out. She can't hold that much weight; she's faltering as it is.

River's recovery once the secret of Miranda was no longer hers alone seemed too easy to me, and I suspected she still had lots of secrets burning in layers of her brain, but the idea that she would hear the voices of all the dead is really intriguing.

She'd like to know how Zoë manages that, and whether or not she could teach everyone else to do the same.

*loves*

After awhile, the silence grows disturbing. It's too much like Miranda, and not fitting for her.

Ooh.

Zoë's eyes hold too much fire for this silence. With that much anger, she should hear something.

I love the way this theme keeps building.

"Wash is dead, River," Zoë snaps.

River nods. "That's why I can hear him so clearly."

*shivers*

"I didn't come here for conversation," Zoë says.

"I didn't either," River tells her. "He talks to me anyway."

*shivers*

"You never do," River continues. "I can't hear you at all."

"That's how I like it," Zoë says.

"Yes, but he can't hear you either," River says. "And he needs to."

Oh... wow. That was such a punch to the gut (which is, of course, a good thing).
otahyoni chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Oh, Zoe. I love the idea that River can hear ghosts, and that Wash needs Zoe to let go, grieve, and heal. Love that he's staying around to help her and not to cling to life. So Wash. *sniffle* Love that Zoe has everything locked so tightly away that River can't hear her, and that she finally lets it all go. Very, very nice. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff.
MagsRose chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
This is wonderful.

I was so upset that Wash died. Book's death didn't surprise me but I was shocked my Wash's death. And it's always worse when there is someone left behind whose pain will be so intense as Zoe's would be.

I know other reviewers have already said it, but I must repeat this fact: you've really captured River's voice. This could not have been easy with so few episodes in existence.

Thank you for this. It was well worth the tears it elicited.

I am going now to see what else you've written.

Mags
Lystelle chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
This was an amazing story. *Teary eyed* Very moving. I love the voice for your story, very clearly River's and the tension is very well done.

I love the title...works really well.

Great work!
Padfoots-Pirate chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Wow. That was... amazingly heartwrenching. I'm tearing up a little. I never thought about River's psychic abilities extending so far as to hear dead people, but it makes sense. This was a truly fantastic story. I wish I had your mad skills.
TheMusicalFruit chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Very intense. Well done.
hjea chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Wow, that was beautiful. After all the post-Serenity Zoe stories, this was really refreshing and I loved how it was from River's perspective - you seemed to completely nail River's character, and as a psychic, slightly psychotic, teenage girl, that is not an easily managed accomplishment. Again, beautiful story, wonderful job.
beege chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
You've written quite a few moving shorts that end bleakly. This time, though the story is a painful one, you hold out the possibility of hope at the end.

Nicely done.
Dreamweaver74 chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Very, very good. Made me want to cry.
caesarsdaughter chapter 1 . 10/12/2005