Reviews for The Big Sister Beauty Cult
Amanthya chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
The beginning of the end. : ( Sad but well written. Poor girls; their sisterhood really was torn asunder by Lily's gift.
DarkBitch08 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
'Deborah Peters' you are hilarious.

Please update this story as well. This plot is such a brilliant idea!
Cassarah Angel chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
This was a very good story. I especially like the fanon idea that Lily is the older Evans sister, before DHs came out and it confirmed that Petunia was older.

All in all, I do like the very 70s feel of this fic and that you seem to be implying that this is the point where Petunia's feelings towards Lily began to change towards the negative.

Excellent job! I enjoyed this very much.
HeteroCookie chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I liked it. :) I'm not too big a fan of Petunia because of how she acts in the books, but the past does shape the future. I'd bet that moments like this happened all the time; not just between her and Lily, but other families with squibs and muggleborns as well. Ah, but Petunia reminds me of myself at times.

She's plain while all the girls are pretty and dolled up, trying to impress for the guys. I've seen it all the time, and I've still kept my same hair style for about eight years. People always gossiping and what not behind my back, though I suppose I've yet to care about it. /I don't think I ever will./ Ah, but that's a good thing, right? The similarites? For I can relate even deeper to your fic.

So, yes, I liked it. 'Cause, nowadays, you don't get too much of the truth in fiction. ;)
bellefantastique chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
Oh that was very bitter sweet. It makes me feel really sorry for Petunia.

Well done!
something-like-love chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
How did I not review this yet?

I truly enjoyed this- it so accurately portrays pre-teen girls and their relationship with their sister's. I loved Lily's bits in this, it made it seem so real.

So amazing!
yllom21 chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
Not really what I expected when I read the summary, but its nice all the same. I always thought Lily was the younger one. Nicely written and cute story. I like the view of Petunia before she turned so jealous.
Kaleyanne chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
First of all-that is a very, very clever summary. I sort of expected happy Evans sister fluff, and then you give me this, and do much more justice to Petunia than happy bunny fluff ever would. I absolutely love this, absolutely love the spin you put on her. I can't really imagine anything to say other than how astounded I am. Seriously, I'm utterly floored. Job well *done.*
ilovehp15 chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
i like it even though it is quite sad! very well written! ]!
cinderalex chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
you make me feel for petunia in this story, something i am not predisposed to do. your portrayal of her humanizes her in a way that jkr doesn't find the pages for in cannon.

being an older sister who adored installing her little sister in the Big Sister Beauty Cult, i can even empathize with her anger at lily.

on a more superficial note, i love the way you begin this fic. your 'mean girls' tone is executed perfectly. it made me harken back the to the days of gossip hour and pajama party makeovers. and nasty sobfests in the middle school and high school bathrooms over large zits which only succeeded in running poorly applied cheap mascara.

not that i ever did any of those things...