Reviews for Descent into Darkness: The Gathering Storm
dmichelle312 chapter 4 . 1/24
:) Vynnessia! Siyo, Phu' ssin'urn. Lu' Ji phu' 'anonen, lu' lil' qu'madosfan, lu' suri ichl. Arlathil silara lilbh'iahin. Qualla, tlu screen'aur pholor dosst zhind, ussta dalninuk, lu' plynn kyon. Guta. :)
dmichelle312 chapter 2 . 1/24
"We are evidently in more danger than we thought. In one scroll, the mirror was referred to not only as "The Mirror of Convergence" but as "The Tainted Mirror". The description of the The Tainted Mirror's powers sounds like psyonics. The text implied that the mirror grants its wielder telepathy, mind control, and other psyonic attacks, all of which may be used against a great number of creatures at once... The serpent races are known for their ability to enchant or charm others, so it makes sense that the mirror might have the power to enchant or even have psyonic properties... You may ask Entreri what that destruction might look like... At any rate, not only do they - whoever they are - want control of Bregan D'aerthe, they now realize that I know too much. Ergo, they will not stop until I am dead... As for my assessment, it makes more sense to me that the mirror would be psyonic... Regardless of the power used, all the evidence we have so far suggest mass destruction and carnage..."

:'( :'( Mind control? Mass destruction? Carnage? That mirror can do much worse than what Crenshinibon did? Why did Jarlaxle have to get caught in the middle of a war against this criminally insane, bloodthirsty Mordecai? Looks like he's not any safer on the Surface than he was in Menzoberranzan.

:'( :'( Qualla, ussta dalninuk, tlu kyone...
SchattenTanzer chapter 7 . 1/22/2007
Wow! That was very good.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 7 . 7/7/2006
What will happen?
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 4 . 7/6/2006
Jarlaxle - your Jarlaxle - delights, confuses, worries, and frightens me, all in turns. The butterfly episode has to be one of the most resonating things I have ever read about him, and his contemplation of a surface empire was worring, firghtening, and slightly disappointing, yet it was even humorous - his greed began to amuse me even as it did Artemis!
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 2 . 7/6/2006
The food scene did explain what the difference in their tastes is and why, which was very satisfactory. I am hopeful for Tai, I think it's a good sign. I hope he will forgive Jarlaxle.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Lip chewingly tense. The stakes are upped again, and I'm hanging on every word of the Artemis-Tai battle against trauma.
Atoile chapter 7 . 5/7/2006
Another story. Good, as always. Well, I like the relationship (like brothers, you sick minded people)that is developing between Artemis and Tai. And sort-of between Artemis and Nyx (who, by the way, I think is cool). Are you going to make a romance (however slight) between those two? Is Cat going to die? Will Tai ever trust Jarlaxle again? WILL THAT -insert word- MORDECAI EVER DIE?

I guess the only way to find out is to keep reading...
Iceheart Firesoul chapter 7 . 2/24/2006
...Holy crap. He got it.

On the subject of our friends who seem to be very much out of luck in this chapter: _ (Big smile) I love how you're developing the characters in this. Tai, Artemis, Jarlaxle and Nyx are all getting better as this tale continues. _
Iceheart Firesoul chapter 4 . 2/24/2006
So he finally has a plan. _ A surface empire... after reading Shadowgirl's Mercenary With Style, I'm picturing a fashion line. *wince* Please, no! Lol.

And yes, I typically don't log in to review, so I'm taking this opportunity to say you're welcome!
hakatri chapter 7 . 12/10/2005
What? No you can't stop there! I'm gonna worry until I get grey hair, because I'll imagine all the things that might go wrong now.

Very good chapter though:) The conversation with Entreri was well done.
Nariel chapter 7 . 12/10/2005
Yay, a new chapter!

darkhelmetj: go kick Ariel's butt so that she writes more!

Ariel: Continue!

Why do I have the feeling that Mordecai is walking the edge of disaster? Any villain is doomed if he dares laughing maniacally upon achievement of a goal...

I completely agree with Silverwolf's vision of Mordecai: "an evil S.O.B that I want to see cut into a million pieces and fed to Cat".

T-T You characterization makes me jealous... you should be a professional writer.

Nariel

PS: I've got PotWK! Finally! And the short-stories should be shipping in a week, too... Yay!

PPS: all the Entreri fangirls: That Calihye's a bitch! *growl*
SilverWolf7 chapter 7 . 12/10/2005
*does happy dance* Yay! You finally updated this story. And, for the record, you're welcome for the butt saving (again) lol.

And the priest knew, then. He knew he could make a complete recovery with time. He knew because of the poised, self-confident, strong man beside him.

Is it just me, or am I the only one that believes that Entreri hasn't made the, er, 'full recovery' that Tai thinks he has? He just buried everything. Though I won't argue that he is a survivor. He practically is one of them by trade...if it ever was made a trade, he would be on top of it, lol.

Oh, and I loved the fight scene in the temple place where the mirror was held with the giant snake. Nice. Poor Cat though almost got squished in Mordecai's roll.

And my, I cannot wait until I can read how this story ends. And the title for the next one made me think things I don't like thinking...
Matt chapter 7 . 12/10/2005
Excellent. I absolutely loved this chapter! You both did a great job collaborating on this piece. Next time there is an open call, you really should consider submitting. You have what it takes, I know it.

Oh, and thank you.
Black as the Shadows chapter 6 . 10/17/2005
Please update! I love your stories! Keep it up!