Reviews for Until the Stars Are All Alight
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 2/17
Great stuff. Oh, Faramir...
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
People tend to forget that about Denethor- I'm glad you showed it. Faramir peering into the seeing stone was a really nice twist!
Lothloriel chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
I hadn't read this! *sniff* Up to your high standards as usual...what is it with men and looking in that damn thing? ;)
Tracey chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
Even though I always seem to want to hit Denethor upside the head, you do treat him fairly, I think. (Okay, so there were a few Denethor/Findu...can't seem to spell her name correctly at the moment...fics that I read over at parma...I'll admit it.)

Thinking about this a little more, I really like the parallel between the earlier encounter you wrote and what happened in the 'present.' It does do Denethor AND Faramir both some justice. :)
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
I love gapfillers, and this is one of the best I've read. I hope you've a few more lined up.
simbelmyrne chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
Thank you for the lovely story. I always enjoy gap fillers, especially from Tolkein's own work. You are a very talented writer, and I have enjoyed many of your stories.
oltha-heri chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
I really loved thsi story, it was very sweet.
PNT chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Nice! I like how Éowyn's the one who finally drags him out. I always wondered about that passage you quoted at the end. It made me wonder what Faramir felt going into the place where his father died. I was planning to write a fic about it, but it's been done for me now. And much better than I'd write it too. ;)
Arahiril chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
MOG SO GOOD. Seriously... I never thought Faramir would ever look into the palantir, since it belongs to the King, so I never even thought of what he would see. I love how THAT was the way he realized that Denethor was acting out of kindness, not hatred... really sweet... and how Eowyn was the one to pull him out of it. *sighs contentedly* So good.
Deandra chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Nice little addendum! I can see why it would be tough to fit into Act of Desperation, though. Glad you didn't skip it altogether since you couldn't make it fit.

- Deandra
balrogthane chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Very nice! I have just one small beef (it's one of my own biggest problems, so it jumps out even more at me :P ). In several places, you use the same word more than once and in close proximity, even in the same sentence- "globe" and "globe," "truth" and "truth." And since there's no parallelism it kinda jumps out. But as I said, that's one of my biggest problems.

Anyway, it's a very good story. Nice description of the palantir.

-(- - -