Reviews for Losing My Religion
Kory Ward chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
This is good. Great, even. Your breakdown of Gunn's feelings are almost fully accurate. Almost. The part where you slipped is when he killed the professor who sent Fred to Pylea. He didn't do it for vengeance. He did it so Fred wouldn't do it. You see, if there was only one thing that Charles Gunn knew about himself, it was that he WASN'T a hero. He fought the good fight because his life was based on fighting. Simple as that. He didn't want Fred to be doomed to that kind of life. You can already see how easily that can happen. Look waht happened to Faith after she killed her first human. So he did it. This is not criticizm. Your fic was great. This is merely for clarification purposes. Thanks for writing. I'll look forward to reading more from you in the future.
smiling chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Wow... just wow.
Passionatedarkness chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
This is amazing. I love it. There arent enough Gunn fics out there.
J chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
A fantastic breakdown of Gunn - I don't think the christianity is out of character, probably more in character...a good choice to avoid the Connor mess, too, it just screws things up. Yeah, I have no bias.

The position of God in the Whedonverse - there've only been a few attempts at this that have worked, and yet I know I'd love for this to be solved, intellectually.

Anyway, this is good. The problem with the end of Season 5 is just this - the utter lack of hope from some hard years. Joss was saving it with "you're Welcome" when the network called for the axe - may they be thrice cursed with reality TV, (although I think a Faith series would be better than a Spike.

My point is, you did a fantastic job detailing the world the way we were left with it, and I would not be averse to seeing this exploration continued in a sequel.

(If so, leave the song out of it this time. It was well-used for this, therefore okay, but overall songfics just annoy.)

Thank you for the fic.