Reviews for Severus
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
A great story. Very well written.
ippogrifo chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Very good indeed. It's very likely that this inteview took place in the way you have imagined it: Dumbledore's curiosity of seeing again his former student after the episode of the prophecy and Snape's second attempt to talk to DD, ashamed, repent and discouraged. I have found interesting and believable that Snape goes to DD just to comply an order, to give his advise to repay his debt life with POtter and then, thinks of coming back to Voldemort, resigned to his destiny as DE, not surrendering himself.

In the end, the trust of the phoenix could be the reason why DD trusts Snape or could be a sign from which Harry will understand the true allengency of his professor.
Dark Vorona chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
I really like this! I especially like how you brought up the cursed position. The whole thought that the reason he didn't get the job was because Dumbledore didn't trust him is absurd. If Dumbledore didn't trust him, he wouldn't have had a job. And if, for some reason he wanted to pretend to trust him, he would have *picked* the Defence job, knowing Snape would be gone in a year.

Excellent work.
Lady Whitehart chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
I loved this very fresh approach to how Snape ended up at Hogwarts. Very clever how Dumbledore made certain that Snape's teaching duties would allow him no time to be part of Voldemort's raids and other vile deeds. Everythign tied in very well with the new canon. In short it was excellent.

Your English is excellent, much better than many native English speakers, and far better than my French. If you are interested in a beta reader, I would be more than willing to offer my services.
InkandPaper chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
"Should my English be too bad..." Are you kidding? It is better than a LOT of native English speakers could write. Seriously. There are a few grammar mistakes and a couple of spelling errors but don't worry about it.

I think you should change the speech marks though.

You know when you write someone saying something you do it ,,like that". But it should have speech marks on both sides, "like this". I'm guessing that you do it the other way where you live, but for most of us, we've never seen that before, so it's a little confusing.

The bit with Fawkes is very sweet. I think that was a great idea - having Dumbledore see that if Fawkes trusted Snape, he must be sincere. And you are very good at dialogue - Dumbledore sounds really very Dumbledore-ish. Good job!
duj chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
Athoughtful look into a scene canon may probably never explore.
emmaD chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Very good story ! I think there's more than we know about Dumbledore's trust in Snape, but with what we do know, you wrote something very likely. Thanks !

Et je te le dis en français aussi, puisque tu le lis : c'est vraiment une bonne histoire. Dumbledore n'est pas trop naïf et Snape est tout à fait crédible. Bravo !
GrEeN-eYeS119 chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
Wow, that was really very good. I like how you captured Snape, how you made him seem like he was really sorry. But in the books he was actually lying you remember that right? Also I don't think you made Dumbledore sound like Dumbledore. He needs to talk more precisely for example instead of him saying "right?" you should have made him say am I right, it fits his personality better.
kidarock chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
"it was cruised by Voldemort" don't you mean "It was cursed by Voldemort"? Other things, try to place the speeches seperatly, i found it quite hard to read which was Dumbledore and which was Snape. Also try to shorten your speeches. Other than this, i liked this story! I thought it was good.