Reviews for Under Fire
Sunny Duck chapter 7 . 4/17/2006
Hi!

Gotta say, I love the story! Great plot, great action, and it is extremely well written! Glad I found it!

Keep Smiling!
technetium chapter 7 . 3/3/2006
That was just completely awesome! I loved how you showed Sam's POV and showed SG-1 as a team getting out of Jurassic Park. And the ending made me happy.
SG1-Fanfic chapter 6 . 1/6/2006
Gr. edited large portions of my previous review - apparently has problems with the three 'greater than' and 'less than' signs that I used to bracket quoted sections. Harumph! So... I'm trying to post it all again (without the fancy bracket quotes) :)

*APPLAUSE*

What a wonderful fic! And what a great ending! It’s really unusual when an author truly surprises me at the end of a fic – but you did! And I went back and reread the entire fic over again, with the knowledge of the info at the end. What a well-written fic!

Loved so much of it, but just to point out a few aspects:

Great job with the descriptions of the technical aspects of the control panels, crystals, wiring, door controls, etc.

Loved the characterizations of the team when it was just getting started. Great job on all 4 of them. Great job with Teal’c (loved the ‘nice butt’ thought that Sam had) – and great job commenting on the former First Prime’s willingness to kneel in the mud as a step for them as they all made it over the fallen log… also loved Sam’s thoughts of what Teal’c might think of her, as a female warrior working alongside him.

With Daniel, you were spot-on with his verbal sparring with Jack (an ass with two perfectly good ears, LOL…jackass’ hearing, ROTFLOL), his caring attitude… and his penchant for injury. LOL at: After a tense minute or two, Daniel shifted uncomfortably. “So, do we just, um, stand here forever?” he finally asked. “Seeing as I’m, uh, still bleeding and all…”

With Jack, I can just see him doing exactly as you wrote it – if he decided that’s how he was going to play it – then that’s just how he’d do it – ‘to the hilt’. On the show he has obviously enjoyed playing Colonel Hardass to younger officers.

Loved the Archeopteryx! (What geologist wouldn’t? :) And Daniel and Sam’s enthusiasm. Also loved how you called the paleontologist ‘her’ “Maybe so. I know a paleontologist who would sell her soul for a chance to examine a real archaeopteryx…

Fantastic writing: As if in a dream, she mowed down ferns and lizards alike, aiming at anything that moved.

Great job with the delivery and build-up of suspense and danger – the predatory lizards were well-done, but then you introduced the idea of ‘what eats the lizards?’ Loved the Colonel’s line: So, what you’re saying is… there might be some really… big…bad-ass dinos around?” the Colonel asked.

And such a great job with Sam’s insecurities as a female officer on a small-forces team with a Colonel acting as hard-ass as Kurt Russell played O’Neill in the original movie. Puking on her gun! And leaving her pack behind! And passing out… and passing out….

Loved how Jack checked her mental faculties… and her replies…speed of sound…at sea level… on earth… And – Avocado’s Law! Great job of inserting Jack’s deliberate malapropisms into it! :)

Loved Teal’c taking action and throwing Jack over his shoulder.

The rock… the armadillo from hell…

Great description of the exit from the wormhole onto the metal ramp “but she didn’t lose consciousness… dammit”

Great interaction with Janet. And great job with the medical terminology and patter at the

end.

“You did pretty damn fine work for someone who’d been dead for so long. Even Teal’c was impressed.”

“She hated being the weak link. She hated it more than anything.”

I could say so much more… and pull out many more of my favorite lines… but then I’d have your whole fic here in this review!

In conclusion, all I can say is… *PLEASE, PLEASE WRITE MORE SAM-FICS SOON!”
ForeverSg chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
A wonderful story as always. :) I have to admit, I actually guessed that Sam had died and they had used CPR on her to revive her. I had assumed Jack was the one who broke her ribs by the way he was behaving, but the torture device was definitely nothing I had expected. :) Waiting impatiently for your next story.
SG1-Fanfic chapter 7 . 1/5/2006
*APPLAUSE*

Loved so much of it, but just to point out a few aspects:

With Daniel, you were spot-on with his verbal sparring with Jack (an ass with two perfectly good earsAfter a tense minute or two, Daniel shifted uncomfortably. “So, do we just, um, stand here forever?” he finally asked. “Seeing as I’m, uh, still bleeding and all…”“Maybe so. I know a paleontologist who would sell her soul for a chance to examine a real archaeopteryx…As if in a dream, she mowed down ferns and lizards alike, aiming at anything that she didn’t lose consciousness… dammitYou did pretty damn fine work for someone who’d been dead for so long. Even Teal’c was impressed.”She hated being the weak link. She hated it more than anything.
Louielouie chapter 7 . 12/26/2005
I read this Christmas Eve and I was dispaointed to come to the end of it. I really enjoyed it. Enjoyed going back to season 1 with Sam so wanting to impress O'Neill. Loved the creative aspects - especially the rock which turned into a monster. I just love reading this sort of Sam fic. It was easy to read and follow with a nice amount of suspense and question.

More please Strix and many many thanks for writing this and sharing!
Gatester chapter 4 . 12/26/2005
Hi,

Great story so far, but...uh... the 5th and 6th chapters won't come up.

Could you maybe repost them or possibly send them to me so I can read them. Please.*begs*
Bekki Beekeeper chapter 7 . 12/24/2005
Aw! Great resolution, I love how it ends on a happy note! You've portrayed Sam's early relationship with all the characters so well, especially Jack. Well done! x
Mickey Ryan chapter 7 . 12/23/2005
I loved the way this ended. It was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Sue chapter 7 . 12/23/2005
This was just great! Everyone was so in character for early SG1. You nailed them all! Thanks for an entertaining and creative fic.
the dancer of spaz chapter 7 . 12/23/2005
This was so awesome! Thanks for such a great read! :D

DoS
sg1 huge fan chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
I loved this story, so great in fact it joined my select list of favourite stories! Is there any chance of a sequal or something 'cause you have such brilliant insight to early team dynamics (and I like sam h/c's)
syzygy13 chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
Oh, wow.

I loved it.

Your writing- increcible.

Your story- also incredible.

Im sorry to say this fell down to the bottom of my reviews page, but Im so glad I picked it up again. As a candidate for the United States Air Force Academy, and a very small girl who wants to become a phycisist, I kind of know how that feels. Feeling like youre inadequate and you have to prove yourself, knowing that you arent as strong as the boys because youre smaller than they are and didnt play football but instead chose diving as your sport.. Knowing that chances are its going to be you keeping your team, your squadron behind. Its scary and unnerving and you captured that. Thank you.
silver chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
Interesting explanation; I definitely didn't see that coming, and it goes a long way toward explaining why she was so messed up. It also makes the reader want to go back and re-read the entire fic, now that we know just what was going on. So...good job! I really enjoyed it, and feel that it was an original piece of work :)

-sil
bid red03 chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
Great story! It flowed really well and I loved the ending! Awesome job!
128 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »