Reviews for Dragon Lady of Macross
RPhysics chapter 7 . 5/19
Eh...I don't really like a bunch of the small details in this fic, nor do I like some of the big ones. Any sexism encountered is either blatant sexism that sounds ridiculous or subtle sexism passed off as no problem. The whole "sexy power" thing was also quite annoying. The typical gender roles and enforcement of them are just irritating too. Ranma's self pity is out of nowhere since she already said she had 7 years as a woman and had no problem with her identity. Calling herself a freak was also pretty pathetic for somebody meant to have a large ego: you kinda just forced that into her character. I don't understand why they dated with Ranma's male form when they both know it's not who Ranma is anymore. Sure, I could understand a few years later as a kind of joke date, but their first real one?

I dunno, this chapter kinda cinched it to me. You're relying to heavily on gender roles for each character, portraying it as the bs that "femininity can be powerful!" I also feel you handed stuff like PMS and appearances wrongly. It makes me feel like you're transgender and writing from your own fantasy of what being a woman is like. Granted, that's what fanfiction is for, but this is a fantasy that I'm kinda grossed out by.

And I suppose I was never into space tech in the first place. All those military terms are just kinda ugh.

Sorry for the semi-flaming, but I just had to get that out. I support radical feminism after all, and that just makes it hard for me to enjoy stories like this.
RPhysics chapter 4 . 5/19
Shame that Brown is being bashed basically. Never that fun to read :(
RPhysics chapter 3 . 5/19
Disgustingly muscular? Um...I dunno if you're actually a guy or bisexual with certain tastes or whatever, but I've never met a girl that was attracted to other girls call a female bodybuilder "disgustingly muscular". More like "hot" and "sexy" o.o
World Theory chapter 6 . 5/10
Wow... The date with Lisa, with Ranma as a male, makes no sense at all, and was completely out of the blue. What was the reason for doing that again? I thought that Ranma had resolved to not go out in male form again; never mind doing so, so close to the base. I question weather it was Ranma's choice to do this, or the Author's. Logic has been abandoned, I can only assume.
World Theory chapter 3 . 5/10
Okay, this is getting pretty funny. I like that the comedy gags don't appear to be going over the top either... Well, sorta... (I really don't like stories where the anime-style gags are used much more frequently that about once every 40,000 words. Especially those horrible, loathsomely-clich├ęd 'caught/falsely-accused-of peeking on the naked women at the bathhouse' gags. I also hate when someone writes that someone "sweat-dropped", as if that's an acceptable thing to write instead of writing that someone "broke out with a nervous sweat," or that that they "began sweating nervously".)

Anyway... This looks like an interesting story. At this point, I'm wondering if it's mostly following the storyline of very first version (judging by the under-developed drawing style) of Macross (the one with the weird giant human-looking off-colored aliens). I wonder if those aliens have legends passed down through the generations, of magic, and what they would think of finding proof of magic existing in either case of their having legends of it or not.

(And since the subject was discussed in this chapter... I have a preference for al-least slightly muscled women, as far as attraction is concerned. I think my upper limit for that though, would be professional female wrestler (the kind that go on TV programs, and put on an act). The body builder look is a bit excessive for me.)
Zyvorg chapter 30 . 3/31
Beautiful story, I loved how well you meshed the two anime together and interwove it all with that wonderful love story. I also like how well you portrayed the loss of Ranma's wing mates during battle and her having to learn to open up about it to Lisa and others. Thank you for an amazing read, and I hope you continue writing.
GandalfTG chapter 29 . 2/8
I've read this several times now, and I still love this story. Even after several read-throughs, it still manages to jerk a few tears in places, one of very few stories that I can say that about, even from professional authors. This and Wild Horse Thesis are still some of my favorite works, up there with Naked Quiditch Match, Make a Wish, and Brown Coat, Green Eyes.

Thanks again for writing this!
Kriss1989 chapter 15 . 5/28/2014
Oh dear God this will be hilarious.
Kriss1989 chapter 3 . 5/28/2014
"Sexy Jutsu!" Basically anyway.
DschingisKhan chapter 30 . 4/8/2014
Been a long time since I read that. For the most part, you did well! A few things caught my eye that could have used work, though (this comes in spite of the age of this piece).

At the macro scale, the earlier parts of the story were more interesting and engaging than the latter third. The final ten chapters felt rushed, as though you were reluctant to commit to them fully, or you were becoming fatigued after having resolved most of the major romantic conflict. It's a little interesting how it managed to both drag and move too fast.

Case in point: the development between Max and Millia, which felt superficial and trite even by the standards of conventional fiction. It clashes especially hard because you generally maintain a high degree of realistic language when describing battles and equipment. Were I your editor, I would have suggested reordering events so her insertion was earlier, giving time for at least a bit of vignette development between them. Wouldn't even need to be much, because you've demonstrated ample facility with closure between scenes.

The other class of issue that vexed me was your tendency to repeat large blocks of text verbatim or nearly so. Examples include all the times Ranma's flight record was elucidated and, to some extent, every time she explained her curse.

But enough about the bad; there's a lot to like here! I definitely appreciate the approach you've taken with Ranma's characterisation- canonically Ranma is a genius of hard work, and applying it to academics of given a reason, would be a force to be reckoned with. Also, her inhuman strength was well contextualised and I don't think you abused it too frequently.

Good relationship building for the main couple and their inner circle of friends. Not enough fiction gives enough time to the secondary relationships in the characters' lives.

Thanks for the good read.
Reploid Avenger chapter 30 . 4/8/2014
This has been a beautiful story, the combination of Ranma and Robotech/macross is so wonderfully done, the story is greatly well written and the character development superb, I loved the romance between Ranma and Lisa, as well as the other romances between the different characters, the ending left me feeling fulfilled and satisfied as a reader.
Static Tesla chapter 30 . 4/2/2014
I just read this in two days and have only one thing to say about it.

A-FREAKING-MAZING! I loved it!
XRaiderV1 chapter 30 . 1/17/2014
every time I read this, it gets better and better.
Guest chapter 30 . 10/9/2013
I am very pleased with this as good as this one srory I read chaotic done indeed.
Rune Tobor chapter 7 . 8/28/2013
I'm depressed again. Not your fault its just my life. But rather than take anti-depressant drugs I read. And not just any fics either, I want fics that cheer me up. This is one. Yes you're that good a writer, I wish you wrote more. Thanks again for what you have written and shared.