Reviews for Dragon Lady of Macross
GandalfTG chapter 29 . 2/8/2015
I've read this several times now, and I still love this story. Even after several read-throughs, it still manages to jerk a few tears in places, one of very few stories that I can say that about, even from professional authors. This and Wild Horse Thesis are still some of my favorite works, up there with Naked Quiditch Match, Make a Wish, and Brown Coat, Green Eyes.

Thanks again for writing this!
Whieteyes1989 chapter 15 . 5/28/2014
Oh dear God this will be hilarious.
Whieteyes1989 chapter 3 . 5/28/2014
"Sexy Jutsu!" Basically anyway.
DschingisKhan chapter 30 . 4/8/2014
Been a long time since I read that. For the most part, you did well! A few things caught my eye that could have used work, though (this comes in spite of the age of this piece).

At the macro scale, the earlier parts of the story were more interesting and engaging than the latter third. The final ten chapters felt rushed, as though you were reluctant to commit to them fully, or you were becoming fatigued after having resolved most of the major romantic conflict. It's a little interesting how it managed to both drag and move too fast.

Case in point: the development between Max and Millia, which felt superficial and trite even by the standards of conventional fiction. It clashes especially hard because you generally maintain a high degree of realistic language when describing battles and equipment. Were I your editor, I would have suggested reordering events so her insertion was earlier, giving time for at least a bit of vignette development between them. Wouldn't even need to be much, because you've demonstrated ample facility with closure between scenes.

The other class of issue that vexed me was your tendency to repeat large blocks of text verbatim or nearly so. Examples include all the times Ranma's flight record was elucidated and, to some extent, every time she explained her curse.

But enough about the bad; there's a lot to like here! I definitely appreciate the approach you've taken with Ranma's characterisation- canonically Ranma is a genius of hard work, and applying it to academics of given a reason, would be a force to be reckoned with. Also, her inhuman strength was well contextualised and I don't think you abused it too frequently.

Good relationship building for the main couple and their inner circle of friends. Not enough fiction gives enough time to the secondary relationships in the characters' lives.

Thanks for the good read.
The Crimson Thief chapter 30 . 4/8/2014
This has been a beautiful story, the combination of Ranma and Robotech/macross is so wonderfully done, the story is greatly well written and the character development superb, I loved the romance between Ranma and Lisa, as well as the other romances between the different characters, the ending left me feeling fulfilled and satisfied as a reader.
Static Tesla chapter 30 . 4/2/2014
I just read this in two days and have only one thing to say about it.

A-FREAKING-MAZING! I loved it!
XRaiderV1 chapter 30 . 1/17/2014
every time I read this, it gets better and better.
Guest chapter 30 . 10/9/2013
I am very pleased with this as good as this one srory I read chaotic done indeed.
Rune Tobor chapter 7 . 8/28/2013
I'm depressed again. Not your fault its just my life. But rather than take anti-depressant drugs I read. And not just any fics either, I want fics that cheer me up. This is one. Yes you're that good a writer, I wish you wrote more. Thanks again for what you have written and shared.
Mobius-mech chapter 30 . 7/24/2013
This was an incredible story.
Eljin1 chapter 30 . 5/22/2013
an awesome story. good work!
Greenicedragon1789 chapter 30 . 5/18/2013
This is a very good story.
And as far I read there is no mistakes in this story you did very good.
Just saying you should make a second and the other series of Robotech storys runing of this story. :)
OddWallow chapter 30 . 4/11/2013
A beautifully written story.

Bot too familiar with Robotech/Macross, but the Ranma characters were pretty OOC :) but you forewarned us, and it worked with the plot so its okay by me. Wouldnt mind seeing these characters again
shugokage chapter 30 . 2/25/2013
A truly incredible story and crossover great job and thank you!
shugokage chapter 29 . 2/25/2013
Impressive chapter and scene!
577 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »