Reviews for Screams of Shadows
Pheleon chapter 2 . 7/1/2009
Ohohohoh, Yami got burned. Quite literally! I must say, I love the interaction between the two of them. But Kura really does seem to have a point when he questions the way Yami acts. To be honest, it makes a lot of sense. Ah, if you had written the original series, it would have been so undeniably awesome. Or at least more awesome than it already is.

I'm a bit iffy about Marik. Probably because I'm fresh from reading Cry of the Wicked, but still. It'll take a couple chapters, I think, to get used to him having such a bubbly personality. Honestly, I think I like him better this way. He doesn't give me nightmares. XDD

This isn't fair - I can't find much to critique! Curse you, Ferris, and your excellent writing skills! There's a few places where there is missing punctuation, but that's probably the fault of the site, not yours - and it's quite minor, really. You've incorporated Japanese terms quite skillfully - some authors put so much in that it's awkward to read, but here it seems to add to the overall writing.

Again, an excellent chapter! My hat (if I were wearing one) would be taken off to you!

Eleirah.
Pheleon chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I must say, it took me a while to finally get around to doing this. Well, I guess that's what summer's for, neh? Actually reviewing all the story chapters I've read.

Your writing has changed a bit - or at least the style - since you wrote this. I'm liking the third person narration - it seems to fit for this particular story, at least so far. As per usual, you've managed to capture the characters wonderfully. xD I absolutely adore the way you write Bakura - as a fellow fan, it's nice to see him done justice.

“Ryou has made Bakura promise not to attack, insult, or in any way mock or infuriate you."

That would have to be my favourite line in the entire chapter. It's just so... I don't know how to put it, but it certainly made me laugh. (And as this is my third or fourth time reading this, that's quite a good thing!)

I still dislike Yami. I don't know why, if it's just the role he holds, or the fact that he's just Bakura's arch rival and it falls to reason that I wouldn't like him, but... eh. It's times like when he, out of the blue, grabs Bakura and starts getting angry that I really just want to slap him.

x.x

Anyway. An excellent start to a very interesting plot. (I should add, the summary is eye-catching!) I would demand an update, but as this story is already finished, it seems a bit pointless. Ehehe... Well, off to continue reading. And reviewing!

Eleirah.
pride1289 chapter 2 . 6/14/2009
Hey, it's me again. rereading cuz this story and before tomorrow or w/e are both such GREAT stories. _ and I'm procrastinating from working on mine. lol
ForeverFinally chapter 25 . 5/28/2009
Wow. So it's 3.30am and I have to be up in about 3 more hours, and yet I couldn't stop reading this story.

I'm fairly new to YGO fandom, and yours is the first fic I've come across to really pull me in. All the twists, the great characterisations, my stomach was tossing in anticipation at every turn!

I especially loved, as so many other people have commented, the interactions between Jou/Bakura. I'd never think to put them together, but such a fun and interesting combination!

In fact I loved all of it, who am I kidding, I stayed up and read all of this in one eye-aching sitting! You're a brilliant writer, if ever you need reminding! And I know how important those precious reviews are all too much!

You asked for constructive crit, er, this is not so much criticism as a query; do you write Bakura as he speaks in the dub? I am imagining so since you mentioned Ryou was British, plus a lot of your descriptive words eg "gruff" hint at it. I was just wondering since his dialect seemed to get a bit more American in chapter 24? Well, just a curiosity!

Well this is getting ridiculously long, and now I'm off for a tiny bit of sleep. You're awesome for writing this, and make no mistake I'll soon be off to read the sequel! D
Stray Neko chapter 25 . 5/9/2009
Wow. I just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed this story so much. 3 I needed something to read, so I went and looked at your stories, and found the sequel, which led me here, obviously. xD I don't know how helpful it would be to actually review the story at this point...xD Seeing as it's like...three years old...and having read your newest stories, your writing has improved a great deal. I just had to let you know, that I loved it. :] I personally enjoyed how energetic Yugi was in every scene(made me laugh everytime). Well, on to the sequel~ Oh! I enjoyed the interaction between Jou and Bakura as well. xDD Thanks! 3

-Stray
Neonn chapter 24 . 8/31/2008
Wow. Just...wow. Poor Yami, now he feels all guilty. I like how Bakura is, overall a good guy-just a little cold, but still a good guy. Not anti-hero good, but a genuine good guy. You just don't realize it till the end. And I nearly DIED when when I thought you had killed off Bakura. Excellent writing. Lovely ending. I'm excited to read the sequel. *runs off squealing*
Dragon-Tooth chapter 25 . 8/27/2008
KICK. FUCKING. ASS.! I love this fic, awesome job! *runs off to read sequal*

ps - COMPLETELY loved the Jou and Bakura scenes, they were wicked!
Fallin-Alone-Scared-Lost chapter 25 . 6/12/2008
I got to read another of your stories!
Jabborwocky chapter 21 . 5/14/2008
I love this story
xXDeidara-chanXx chapter 25 . 12/30/2007
*under shock*

...

GREAT!

FANTASTIC!

a onderful, brilliant, faboules story!

OMG!

...dont know what else to write...

*hug you*

XD

xXDeidara-chanXx
Mrpointyhorns chapter 24 . 10/23/2007
Surprise me! Aww Bakura learned something! I told the lady at Taco Bell to surprise me on my drink size and she said she couldn't cause of the money...
Mrpointyhorns chapter 23 . 10/23/2007
Aww mean Bakura has no idea what he's doing! Or who he's hurting.
Mrpointyhorns chapter 22 . 10/23/2007
Yeah I bet their thighs will be burning tomorrow from the camel ride and the stairs! You're so mean! Plus they'll have jet lag!
Mrpointyhorns chapter 21 . 10/23/2007
oh oh oh That was unexpected! NEAT!
Mrpointyhorns chapter 20 . 10/23/2007
Great job this is really good I can't wait to read the rest
266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »