Reviews for Heart of Darkness
AI chapter 3 . 1/11/2006
Quite fascinating. It improves on the fight in the Water Temple quite a bit, and I felt very touched by the way Dark Link's perceptions of the world were so innocent. I always felt that his OOT incarnation was more human than the others, and this story really captures that.

The story is introspective without slowing down too much, and though I think that it's a little odd to see Link as a character with feelings about what happens and who interacts with other as opposed to a wordless character who usually does nothing but react to the circumstances he is thrown into, I definitely can see the value of the change when the story is being told in an entirely written medium. (bit of a run-on sentece there)

I especially liked scrutinizing the end of chapter 3 (My theory is that he was affected by a time-manipulation like that which affects link when he returns the Master Sword to the Temple of Time, but the only reason that I can think of for it to happen is that when Zelda gave back Link's childhood, her magic might have also affected Dark Link, and sent them both back 7 years. Still a few holes in my logic though.)

I'm definitely looking forward to chapter 4, and hope that you feel inpired to write more. One question though. In chapter 2, you said "Oh, for clarification, he's about 13-14 or so." 13-14 what? Years of age? RPG Level? Shoe Size? It's been niggling at me awhile now.

Rill of Fantasia chapter 3 . 1/7/2006
Whoa, cool. Keep it up. What happens afterwards? Is Dark Link redeemed somehow? Does he show up later in the game (without us recognizing him)? What about in Majora's Mask?
final.authority chapter 3 . 12/2/2005
*walks in and hug Dark Link*

Dark: ...?

Dark: ;

I love Dark Link fics, please update tthis! XD
blondie91 chapter 3 . 11/27/2005
Wow, now that's what I call truly amazing! :)

You did an absolutely excellent job in writing this wonderful and awesome fic of yours! Be sure to keep up your first rate work! .
Achitka chapter 3 . 11/19/2005
Heh, is good stuff, well written and gives an interesting perspective on Mr Dark. When I read most DL fics I think, poor boy just never knew what hit him.

I'm glad you clarified his age - cause I was gonna ask about it if you didn't (I can be such a pain in the neck) So I'll be looking forward to the next chapter, and here's hoping you continue to do well multi tasking.

One other thing, thanks for your review, I do hope you enjoy it!
re weird chapter 3 . 11/8/2005
I saw your story from the front page. _ As always, hurry up and write so I can read more. I'm interested at the direction this story is going.
sakume chapter 3 . 11/8/2005
WOW! Didn't expect that! I have memorized the game's dialouge, so I knew what Zelda said, but I Was...WOW. Where are you going with this? I am very anxious to find out...
GilderRules13 chapter 2 . 11/4/2005
Finally, a great fanfic about Dark Link! Aside from a couple grammar errors (most likely typos), I couldn't find any problems. Outstanding work and I am looking forward to the next chapter. Can Dark Link win this time around? I always thought he was cooler than Link anyway. xD
ikibok chapter 2 . 11/3/2005
i think that this series is very interesting and i love it! it should become a movie!(just like every other zelda game)
sakume chapter 2 . 11/3/2005
Sounds very cool. Gonna keep an eye on this one. Faves list! I like it.
sakume chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
I like it. I always liked dark link fics...it seems good so far! .
little-chibi-girl chapter 2 . 11/1/2005
very cool begining I can't wait for more!
Elendil Star-Lover chapter 2 . 10/24/2005
Dark Link...Dark Link...Dark Link...

You used his name too many times. Start off a sentence once in awhile with a pronoun, or even an adjective (dark-haired boy, lone boy, shadow creature, etc...)
BatNeko chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Hmm...I'm sensing angst. Bah! Give candy, cure all!

As for a name, how about Kage (Japanese for shadow)?
broken katana chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Yay! A cool story with the coolest character ever -after Link of course!-! i think you should definetely keep writing cuz i got a feeling that this is gonna be really good, now as about the name i call 'im Dark too and i don't seem to be able to think of another one, after all it suits him a lot too! Anyway no matter what name you give him, he'll still be the same, right? so, i'm waiting for the update!
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »