Reviews for Harry Potter and the Guardians of Power
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 30 . 6/4
I was shocked; SHOCKED, to discover this incredible story MISSING from my list of 'Favorites', here at FFN! I think the only explanation would have to be my complete abhorrence of Dumbledore; at the time that I went crazy over your stories, I had only just got over 'holding my nose' at even the thought of reading Fan Fiction of the most repugnant series of books, mis-labeled as "Children's Literature", as it has ever been my misfortune to read in all of my 50 years of being a dedicated biblioholic! Having cautiously 'dipped my toe' into reading HPff and finding authors whose opinions of the books, not only mirrored my own, but whose talents proved greater than the supposed 'original' writer and who were able to provide alternate, logical plot 'fix-its' and more clearly defined, 3 dimensional characters; HPff became my #1 fandom! But...I still could barely stomach the idea of Dumbledork as anything but the manipulative, Machiavellian puppet master: Sometimes merely the 'misguided' 'General'; whose tunnel vision caused him to abuse and misuse his pawns and at other times the megalomaniacal wannabe 'ruler'; with plans within plans for the eventual domination of both the magical and mundane worlds!
So, it took a while before I could even accept your other stories without being repulsed by even the slightest viewpoint of Dimpledick as NOT evil!
This, though, is a great story: I just have to ignore the slight gag reflex I experience when AD is portrayed as a 'good guy' and bigger one at the thought of *Ginevra* as a 'love interest'! Blech!
Thanks for a lovely read!
I noticed that you haven't posted anything in a couple of years and that your profile has been truncated to just the facts: I hope that you're well and just not writing on this site.
Thank you for sharing your marvelous talents with us!
MelJ
hetc chapter 30 . 5/27
Thank you for a lovely story/Lots of interesting ideas. Loved the gerbils.
They are Archimedes and Merlin, aren't They? Berlin's last name is Emrys, and both Artemis and Archimedes are both from Greece.
Saissa chapter 9 . 3/10
Just a comment that is not meant to interrupt the enjoyment of this excellent story.

Severus and Harry are now back in the founders time - 994 AD as Merlin said.

Technically there were NO Potatoes in Britain or Europe back then.

Potatoes were native to South America and they were not brought back to Europe until the 16th century by the Spanish.
Misa chapter 8 . 1/12
Well dumbledore can only blame himself for snape not acknowledhing his love consideting his way of showing said love is to either ignore the maraudeds (and possibly other students that rowling didnt think important for the story) bullying snape or letting tgem off with a slap on the wrist and boys will be boys even after nearly committing multiple accounts of homicide 2 od wgich involved beyraying lupin not to mention the borderlibe sexual harassment/assault incident in OWL year
Janie.ohio chapter 1 . 1/7
that was fun. it was a refreshing change to many of the evil Dumbledore/Weasley stories I've come across lately. I love powerful/Hogwarts heir Harry stories, so thanks for the read!
Katherine Rosalie Hale chapter 30 . 11/29/2017
OMG! Absolutely the best story I've read in a long time! Thank you for your wonderful work.
burnable chapter 30 . 11/19/2017
Hi

I just read this entire story and wanted to thank you for the effort you obviously put into the whole thing. It is definitely one of my favorites!

Thanks
The Irredeemable Burnable
SortingHat chapter 6 . 10/28/2017
Unless Harry is Jesus reincaranated there isnow way that he can be (cleansed) of all evil. That is bull shit mysticism.
SortingHat chapter 5 . 10/28/2017
I wonder how much snow/ice it would take to shut down Hogwarts for the day? Do they have the concept of "snow days" here in Oregon the tiniest bit of snow throws everyone for a loop. The media has (snowcast) specials detailing by the hour forecast of real time tracking. The schools for some odd reason wait till 7am to make the call and make it even worse cause the forecast is now accurate up to 24 hours due to a bunch of weather model upgrades a few years ago. No excuses anymore.

The schools with 1in do an automatic 2 hour delay and if it looks like it will stay below 32F most of the day then will then upgrade to a full closure but not until people are getting read to drive to school and making the commute even more messy.

Salem OR is smart enough and calls off the night before so accidents are relatively few as most people stay home.

I can't imagine the professors of Hogwarts playing this silly game when it snows.
SortingHat chapter 3 . 10/27/2017
This is pretty typical of JK Rowling's style where things just happen without any backing or reason later. Even a lot of (fan) explanations are just robotic responses. I like it when fanfics explore new avenues that causes more thinking.

JK Tolkien and CS Lewis had more thoughtful worlds that didn't have as many loop holes. They did have some like the (eagle) loop hole in FOTR which purists will try to deny and fumble upon themselves trying to (logically) explain it away. Truth is JK Rowling is a stout Liberal and just thinks with her emotions so has to back track to make sure her story doesn't go too far off the deep end and have a conclusive ending a bit rushed. I'd love to have seen the characters grown in personality and not necessarily in a "I'm homo and if you aren't your a bigot!" kind of way. "If you drive a car and don't believe in global warming you must hate science!"

No it's not we don't believe in Global Warming it's that we know the earth goes thru changes. People in the 30s knew this warm age was coming. It's called Inter Glacial.
SortingHat chapter 2 . 10/27/2017
I only endure this fic because it has Snape being his mentor something different slightly. I don't like Canon Harry because of how retarded he his and just does other people's biddings like canon fodder. The characters are two dimensional no matter how much (detail) is written it is meaningless. Some fics even show deeper of the Slytherin side and why changing people's customs are bad if it's meaningless and not productive.

Hogwarts should actually have a (mid) sorting to see if students remain at their respective house or need readjustment for adult life.

Someone like Harry who has been abused in real life Hogwarts would've had a student IP development plan that would modify Harry's schedule and he would've gotten at the very least a modified deploma due to his disabilities.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 10/27/2017
To all you reviewers your review is not going to be read or seen this late in life. Especially with Google's new algorithms that hide things that aren't mobile friendly only where it has to be (dumbed) to phone levels. Most people it doesn't matter but for those who are used to PC's it will be very weird.
Saint Snape chapter 30 . 10/25/2017