Reviews for Harry Potter and the Guardians of Power
kikistimi chapter 30 . 8/28/2013
This story is awsome. Thaís for sharing
Anitajane chapter 30 . 8/5/2013
I was sorting through my community and came across your story and reread it I found it a wonderful story. Having read many stories it was like finding a new one.
fantasyland chapter 30 . 7/31/2013
Fantastic story... Worth the read, loved it :)
trouble97018 chapter 30 . 7/21/2013
Excellent story!
Crest1 chapter 16 . 7/16/2013
... another annoying nitpicking by yours truly:

Yes, "Carus" does indeed mean "beloved one" in Latin, but this noun form is only used for males. The female version would be "Cara"... Just look at the endings. "...us" usually indicates a male form, you can still find this in names with ancient Roman origin: "Claudius" / "Claudia"; "Marius" / "Maria" etc.
Crest1 chapter 9 . 7/16/2013
Erm... no chocolate in Europe before the 15th or 16th century, either...
Crest1 chapter 7 . 7/16/2013
ARRGH - Ferrets are NOT RODENTS. I can't understand what Ms. Rowling has against ferrets or why everyone thinks those sweet critters are a) ugly and stupid and b) members of the rodentia family. They are NOT; instead, they are carnivores, they have long canines (not long incisors like rodents), and they are members of the mustelid family, like weasels, polecats or skunks. Look it up in any zoology book or Wikipedia.
Crest1 chapter 6 . 7/16/2013
I like your story so far, but this chapter contains one glaring error: there were no potatoes around in Europe before Columbus!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THIS STORY IS SO GOOD I AM READING IT AGAIN FOR LIKE THE FOURTH TIME. THANKS FOR WRITTING IT.
StefanSchmiererderVielleser chapter 30 . 6/23/2013
Do you plan a follow-up Story for Guardians of Power? Chapter 30 Aftermath and Beginnings suggests that!
Correction to your Note at Chaterend: Dialogue Harry - Merlin!

Stefan Schmierer
Vienna, Austria, Europe
Angela3511 chapter 30 . 6/18/2013
Wow, what a great story! I loved how Harry and Snape came to genuinely care for each other, even if their bond was accelerated by the cleansing ritual. I'm generally a fan of stories where Harry works hard for his success, rather than having Hermione serve as the deus ex machina to pull a last minute, desperate Hail Mary solution from some obscure text she read as a third year or Harry just developing Super Harry powers but putting forth no effort to learn control of his abilities. This was just great! Harry had super abilities, but he also spent so much time working to hone them. I also love that his abuse at the hands of the Dursley's was addressed. So many stories just ignore the horrific mental and physical abuse, or have him going dark and twisty to murder them all in sadistic ways. I'm glad you took a middle ground here, and portrayed his reaction to the abuse in a more realistic manner. Abused children often believe they deserve the mistreatment (because it's what their tormentors tell them) and generally have long-lasting difficulties in understanding that they didn't deserve it and that it won't happen again. Your portrayal of Harry's long road to understanding was handled with sensitivity and respect without going over the top. Kudos to you! I also enjoyed it when Harry actually acted like a young teen, pranking his friends, family and professors. Baby Harry was hilarious! Really, I can't think of anything I didn't like about this story! It's extremely well written, mostly fast paced and as realistic about a bunch of wizards and witches can be. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work! Thanks so much for sharing this.
FirePhoenix86 chapter 2 . 5/25/2013
I'm sorry but...when does Voldy ever speak with so many S's in canon? He never speaks like that. Just because he looks like a snake, doesn't mean he speaks like one...in English at least. I mean, yeah, if he's speaking Parseltongue he's going to have extra S's but not in English.

Sorry...Parsel-Lisp is one of my bigger pet peeves when it comes to fan fics.

Say NO to Excessive 'S' Speak!
Shinwa-Tsuki chapter 7 . 4/29/2013
Uh, you have made an error in this quote on page/chapter 7, the quote is this:

"The proceedings of December 10, 1996 may begin. Present are Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster; Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress, representing Gryffindor House; Professors Flitwick and Sprout representing Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Houses. Missing from these proceedings is Professor Severus Snape; Head of Slytherin House, who is also missing from the castle."

The error is that the year should be 1995 instead of 1996. Another thing is the last sentence which might need a bit more clarification in the above quote, particularly these two phrases "Missing from these proceedings is... ...who is also missing from the castle." (I, personally with no disrespect, think it should start with "Missing from this proceeding is...".)

This is bacause there are three things tied together — namely, Harry is 15 and is in his fifth year at Hogwarts, which started the current school year in 1995. If Harry was in his sixth year at Hogwarts, the starting year would be 1996. Just a note, Harry's fifth year starts in 1995 and ends in 1996. And I should tell you the full names of the "current" head of house for Hufflepuff is Pomon Sprout, for Ravenclaw the full name for the head of house is Filius Flitwick.

Your reader,
Shinwa-Tsuki (contact me on deviantArt)
saiyasith1 chapter 30 . 4/19/2013
This was a FANTASTIC story! Absolutely wonderful! I really enjoy your work. I wish there was more of it! You do a great job with the plots and characters, and you keep thing refreshing and interesting. Please write more!
DaughterofDante chapter 30 . 3/12/2013
Dude! Give this author a reward! Lots of them!
918 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »