Reviews for In Principia
lovelydrarrylover chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Is this story over? Well, if it is, I'll be waiting for a sequel.
no name chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Many controversial topics have been raised here. And the ending leaves such a sad and bitter note especially because of the truth in it. On the other hand, happy endings are still preferable.
Charly chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
wow . . . . . .

I never seen Ron being so bigoted

The fic was awesome
junaid chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
I applaud you for your condemnation of prejudice and for an excellent piece of writing at the same time. I'd raise a hat to you except that I don't have any on me right now.

Powerful, evocative stuff indeed!
SilkenRoseDreams chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
...Wow. Darkness is right... I always figured that Ron would be the one to support Harry. Way to go. I am thoroghly horrified.
Kiwee chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Brutal, dark, and utterly suffocating...am I a masochist for enjoying it? A very different and brilliant take on this theme. I keep thinking about how this is so much like what our world is like right now-hypocrisy and bigotry all around, go us. This story hurts, hurts so badly and yet Harry and Severus seem to make it just on this side of bearable.
Gondegoogoo chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
omg that was so terrible of Ron!
blackjack21 chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
OMG. that was awesome. your idea about the different styles of magic was amazing, really creative. and I like how the wizarding world was less tolerant of homosexuals than the muggle world; that is quite the opposite of how its usually portrayed and I think it made for a very interesting story. Poor Hermoine. thanks for writing.
emptyword chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Dear God. Stunningly evocative writing, concise, cutting, and poignant with a profound message for humanity while skirting the edges of pontifical. Oh, and the gloriously tragic, epic narrative, in which two enemies cross words only to fall in love and go up in flames at the stake to save the world.

"'You fear Muggles so much.'

'As individuals? No. But they, like the pureblooded elitists, are close-minded xenophobes who will destroy that which they do not understand. By the time they realize that we are merely human, we doubtless will be so few in number that we will disappear.'"

How chilling an observation Snape makes, one I wish JKR would have paid more attention to when the story was yet in her hands.

Your imagery...leaves me in small, hurting, laughing pieces. When Severus Snape's pointed, vicious tongue splatted wetly on the floor, I cracked up in mingled revulsion and surprise. My roommate told me I needed to get my head checked. I, however, just think you're brilliant.

The "ocean of love" deep in Snape's core is somehow not sappy and only too beautiful in its believability, an accomplishment not to be scoffed at given the cynicism in the rest of the story. I think it works precisely because your writing understands so well that Snape gives the impression of everything to the contrary. Snape is an aggregation of hatred and practicality and asperity and purpose, underscored with passion, ridged with implacability, and you've painted that to the letter. Against such a backdrop, that infinitesimal dollop of sweetness in him is strikingly real.

Oh, and Harry, so easily neglected and left in Snape's shadow. If I may make this guess, just judging by his characterization, I'd wager you think quite highly of him, find him as remarkable as Snape. Because "In Principia" has convinced me of that, and I do need convincing on that front.

I could go on and on because I've always been prone to gushing, but honestly? I have no idea why I love this story so much. It just found a place with me. Thanks for that. :)
Graycalls chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
O.O *Is lost for words*
Memphis Atari chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
this was a truly scary story, or the idea behind it. i loved that there is a logic to principia and how extreme it sounded.. i almost wish it were longer but the shortness actually is quite refreshing. its scary how people act when they are afraid.. funny how they are willing to be openminded about muggles, but not open minded on one of their own. i suppose its all about power. wizards know the muggles are weaker (or that they feel they are more superior) so they have nothing to fear but Principia(ns) are stronger so they have to fear them.
Shire Fey chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
This story is so sad yet so perfect never should the world be so narrow minded ... it only goes to show even heros fall when minds are small
LOL-ninjas-stole-my-homework chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
awh, thanks so sad. why do they have to die?
harry.is.a.brave.fool chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Oh, so dark- intense- I can't even decribe it. It's just that the Pricipia and Snape, and- RON! *keels over and dies*

"...the only thing faggots are good for is burning"

*shudders* Scary...
grammarslash chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Oh dear me, that was... That was amazing. It was extremely well-written, and vaguely haunting. Well done indeed.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »