Reviews for Violent Night
Wispr chapter 6 . 4/4/2008
Good story!

Wispr chapter 5 . 4/4/2008
You are really catching the emotion of the moment... good job!

Wispr chapter 4 . 4/4/2008
Very nasty chapter... but good writing!

Wispr chapter 3 . 4/4/2008
You having me on the edge of my seat!

Wispr chapter 2 . 4/4/2008
Looking very nasty!

Wispr chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
I like how you do the Clones outlook.

Dirt chapter 6 . 10/29/2005
All around entertaining story. Great ending.
QueenTatooine chapter 6 . 10/27/2005
Sad way to end it, but sometimes that is how it goes.

Good writing in this chapter.

Gandalf the Beige chapter 6 . 10/27/2005
Just asking, but did any of the carjackers have the good sense to loot the corpse and dispose of it in a timely fashion?

Thankfully he never found out about anything strategic, and that his death can also be atrributed to criminal violence.

I guess there wouldn't be many funds for mercanaries in the Labirynth coffers, would there.

ANd when is the pulic going to learn about this alliance canmore is making with the K? it would be an interesting thing to see, whether hate really DOES overpower civil justice or is it just a bunch of crazies after all.
Masau chapter 6 . 10/26/2005
As for the last chapter and Dana and Malibu killing the last Quarryman, it made me think. What would I do if it were me. Yes, letting him live would be the right thing to do and may very well have convinced him of the humanity (or at least the mercy) of gargoyles, but on the other hand, they just watched him kill thier friend, thier family. Revenge or no, that man deserved to die. Whether or not those two had the right to sentance him, I don't know, but when you factor in the chance that they let him live, hold him in the Labyrinth only to have him escape and tell Castaway of an entire nest of creatures and thier friends... yes, I probably would have done the same.

While we're on the subject of reflection and thinking, ever since I started reading your series, wow, about a year ago, the marriage of Goliath and Elisa, and the before and after events, really got me thinking. Now, I'm an old fashioned Christian born and raised, and I have always believed that marriage should be between a man and a woman. (No, that does not mean I judge people. My personal opinion is 'I don't agree with it, and if you ask, I'll tell you so, but other than that, its your life, not mine, and either way I will treat you like a person') For years now I've been wondering about aliens (please don't laugh, this is an actual intrigue/concern/wonder of mine) and whether or not they exist. Given the sheer odds that they do, I assume that they do in my wonderings. This pertains to the Gargoyles in this: what would truely happen, both in the legal system and churches, if we contacted a clearly sentient race. Would they be shunned simply for existing as an unexplained? Would someone be condemned by all who knew her/him for falling for one of them? As I said, I've grown up in church, so I have most of thier opinions ground into me, and I have no idea, but I can't find myself hating someone/something simply for existing.

Anyway, thats been on my mind to tell you for a while now, so I guess this is as good a time as any to post it. Thanks for making me think a lot more than most people.

BlackDragon
Dirt chapter 5 . 10/26/2005
Hey Kim

Great story so far. But that’s a given from your writing. It’s wonderfully violent. I especially liked the cold-blooded way Dara and Malibu took care of the survivor. It needed to be done. It’s like something out of Good Fellas.

Can’t wait for the next chapter.

Dirt
QueenTatooine chapter 5 . 10/25/2005
The question of whether the last quarry man had to die, lies in my head. In one case he witnessed the Gargoyles first hand. However so did the man who got away. By him turning up at the hospital could have done some good. Might have changed that man's perspective as well as any of his friends in the group. Hard to say. Oh the other hand though, he may have been concious enough to see the entrance to the Labrynth and that would put many in danger. So yes it is a difficult decision, one they would have to live with.

Good chapter though.

Gandalf the Beige chapter 5 . 10/24/2005
Well, I'm just glad the idiot met his doom before he finished his sentance, shows irony. Something strange is going on, intelligent people shouldn't be falling for 800 year old propoganda: idiots I'd understand, but not educated middle-classers.

And knowing the idiots, they'll try again to declare it an act agin' "innocent humans"... conveniently forgeting that they declared a war of agression agin' a sentient species that willno' even get a proper court of trial, but just vicious execution just for daring to exist!

would you object to some of the readers and me pitching in a rowboat to float brentwoods remains out on the East and set the thing ablaze old-school.
QueenTatooine chapter 4 . 10/22/2005
Never mess with a mother.

This is not going to be good. This is evidence to the world that perhaps the Quarrymen are right. Most people wouldn't care before, but when human life has been lost suddenly others tend to pay attention to what is going on around them.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter of this story, I must know what happens next.

Masau chapter 4 . 10/21/2005
Well, never mind about worrying about mutates being discovered, thanks to Delilah. Sad, sad news about Brentwood...

BlackDragon