Reviews for Everything Repeats
Warg chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
More things i missed.. *sheepish grin*..

Awesome work..

Lovely display of symbolisms.. parallels riddle the OAVs.. great work bringing these to light.

Loved the introsepction.. u end up feeling for Kenshin as u read on.. fitting indeed to have died.. impossible now to do so..

The story flow was a little halting in parts.. but more than made up for by the depth of the imagery..
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
I never caught the significance of the actual sword strokes before. I really like how you draw the parallels between Kenshin’s life choices and his experience in the Forest of Barriers.
Blueraingurl chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
This was really poetic and Kenshin's dialouge poignant. It's really interesting how you tied everything with the 3 women who had protected Shinta.

Also, I liked how you had compared him holding Tomoe in the beginning and how he held her in the end - that was really introspective.

Likewise, I loved your quote: "He came into this war, to Kyoto, to protect and instead destroyed; she came to Kyoto to destroy him and instead protected." It's really ironic and vivid how the different intentions Tomoe and Kenshin had, had eventually reversed in conclusion.

Great fic and thanks for posting!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Amazing comparisons.

This was a very moving rendition of what Kenshin must have been thinking as he held Tomoe's body in the snow. Of course he'd flash back to the first time he met her, the first time he'd held her.

Everything about this story, the flowers, the color imagery, the wound patterns, shows your incredible perception. This is going on my favorites list right now.

Great one-shot!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Really nice rhyming of symbols, icons, and events within the OVA's arc-I love that kind of thing!
Kireiko chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Very, very nice. Very powerful and poignant. I like how you've added in the comparisons' between Akane, Kasumi and Sakura's deaths to Kiyosato's. And expressed so beautifully. I am very impressed. Keep up the awesome work. You did a wonderful job.

~Kir
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Wow... that's a fascinating correlation! Very nice job with this; very thought provoking :D
matchynishi chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Oh, wow...I never thought about this before... but you are right; that the OVAs get more awesome the more you look at it. And, lol; you have an soorted notes file? XD