Reviews for Shallow Means, Deep Ends
inujisan chapter 27 . 4/2/2011
I absolutely loved this story. A bit shocked that Christine didn't truly love Raoul, but I'm glad you stuck more closely to the original Leroux Erik or the Kay Erik. I was happy when I found Cedric would be living with Erik again.
Hot4Gerry chapter 27 . 5/4/2008
I found this through another reader. She had you on her favorites. Hope you find the time and muse to come back and finish. It would be a shame to leave such a good story with an unresolved ending.
BleedingHeartConservative chapter 27 . 3/23/2008
I can tell from reading your other (quite numerous!) reviews that you have already been told that your writing is spectacular, but I felt the need to say so anyway. I have also ascertained that you've already been thoroughly encouraged to write more, as it seems you have quite a following repeatedly begging for an ending and lamenting the lack of updates. Nevertheless, I need to add to the many and say that I have added you to my favorites so that I don't have to keep clicking my bookmark and hitting reload. I sincerely hope that you'll someday come back to this and tie up some of the loose ends for us. In the meantime, hope all is well with you. Best wishes!
CS chapter 27 . 3/7/2008
I just need to know... are you going to continue?
cs chapter 10 . 3/7/2008
Still enjoying it immensely. Wanted to comment, though-Raoul grabbed a shotgun and fired once, then again. The second "bullet" hits Eric's hand. Not possible. Shotguns shoot "shot," a bunch of little pellets that spread out in order to hit smaller targets like birds. I'm also not sure what year the shotgun was invented and whether Raoul would have had access to one. Then, a few lines later Raoul is holding a pistol. A pistol is much smaller than the shotgun. A pistol is a handgun. A shotgum is a long gun. If you want a long gun that shoots single bullets, you'd have to have a rifle. I would do a quick search under "firearms" and 1800s and see what turns up.
CS chapter 7 . 3/7/2008
Well, I've only read as far as part 7, but I'm impressed. Many times I've re-written the ending in my mind or written epilogues, but never could get them to come out just right and never put one down in black and white. You've gone exactly where I've tried to go many times, and I'm enjoying your work immensely. I am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out, hoping and fearing at the same time. And isn't that in the spirit of the original? Indeed. Thank you for sharing this.
anon chapter 11 . 12/10/2007
Just started resding you fic today. So far so good ,but i just had to say that in Susan Kays Phantom Erik is left handed. The hand that just had a bullet put through it!
Truckingal chapter 27 . 11/15/2007
I have found this entire narration to be very deeply thought out and true to Erik's spirit. It is disappointing to think that I might never know the ending. I sincerely hope that when you have time, you will complete the story. I wish you much success with your writing career.
A.C.Meadows chapter 27 . 8/18/2007
I just found your story and read it right through - I absolutely love it and wish so much for it to continue! Taking Erik's comment that he had invented a new mask which everyone would think was a real face and running with that idea has made a fantastic story, especially as his first version was applied in such a grotesque and very 'Erik-like' way. It really allowed his character to grow in interesting ways. I was very sorry to see that Christine never quite got used to him but that's life - things don't always happen as you'd like and I like it when the characters in a book stay true to themselves instead of twisting to the whim of the reader. I'd love to know what happens next to Erik. Please update.
Googleeyes chapter 27 . 8/10/2007
Wow, this story is amazing. I was totally engrossed until it ubruptly ended. Sure, it's not perfect. Sometimes you slip up on spelling and/or grammar and it sort of bugs me that you completely changed Raoul, but it's still amazing. You pull off both Erik and Cedric very well writing from their perspectives. PLEASE update this story soon! I need to know what happens!
OceansAway chapter 27 . 7/11/2007
You should update this story! You left it on a cliffhanger... Will Cedric ever see?
Mominator chapter 27 . 9/22/2006
Hi;

Just wondering if there will be any more to this story? I truly enjoyed what you've written so far, and hope to read the rest some day. :D

Barb
Kelsismom chapter 27 . 8/8/2006
What happens next? Please continue...please continue? Please continue...Don't leave us hanging. This story is just too good to be forgotten!
Kelsismom chapter 26 . 8/8/2006
This chapter was so touching! I love that they are reunited and that Erik will try to help Cedric regain his sight.
thePhantom'sEvenstar chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
wow, this story is so unbelievably incredible! it's so well writen, and the idea behind it is something i would expect erik to come up with. though of course, i despise the fact that he can only feel powerful with the new mask, yet it is something we all can understand and relate to. it's an incredible idea-the ultimate mask; so real, so beautiful that it can give erik a false sense of power. what he doesn't realize is that he doesn't need the new mask to be stunningly beautiful, he already is... incredible story, though, i must say!