Reviews for The Death of a Sanzo
Radioactive-Holic chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
This is a very tragic story, but that's the truth. What a painful past, loosing someone close to you.. or loosing the 'only' someone that you had..

I almost cried when I read this story, what a baby.

I never knew the detailed of Sanzo's past, and he gave me this! What a shock!

Well, nice one though.. Very nice, I say.
Alleonh too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 3/22/2006

This story was beautiful...
SylverAngel chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Geh, no I really wish I had my Saiyuki books with me (not that I don't only have past vol. 3). I think this fit really well, with what I remember of the series, anyway. Great job, and a nice little peek into the past!
Katherine4 chapter 1 . 1/18/2006

That was STUNNING.

Amazingly beautiful, utterly heartbreaking and so incredibly touching. *adores madly*
asian princess 61 chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
aw good job on this too! you're a very good writer! keep it up! i have to admit though the anime/manga doesnt show much of their pasts this was a really good version of it! keep it up!
Baku-Bunny chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
*is trying to hold back tears* Oh god...Poor Kouryu...*huggles him* That was too good. *wipes tears away* It was really good and really touching. I really liked it.
AShauni21 chapter 1 . 12/27/2005 god. That is the most heartwrenching thing I have ever read. You did such a good job at developing a character that is hardly ever talked about, if at all, in the series. And the way you described the temple and the way Kouryu grew up. It explains alot about Sanzo and why he is the way he is.

And you actually made me tear up! I don't cry, and here I am reaching for the Kleenex box!
PyraLithiam chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
Oh~ it was much emotions, description... very sophisticated. Not many people can do this as well as you can...
Blahsblah2001 chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Aww... poor Sanzo.

It's kind of a wonder, considering his master, that he turned into such a prick.

(I love him, but he really is a prick. Anyone who would shoot at Goku is)

solysal chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
that was simply beautiful. unabashedly realistic and wonderfully detailed...a lovely fic
MikaSamu chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Simply beautiful.
The Silver Feathered Raven chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Wow. This was excellent, really. The end made me tear up, which is good that it carried enough emotion to do that.

I really like how this covered so much time, and your own take on this was interesting. Very well written. I didn't catch any spelling or grammar errors here.

On another note...poor, poor Kouryu. I'm glad that Koumyuu was there for him.

I also enjoyed the fact that this was mostly told from Koumyuu's perspective. I think it was more powerful that way.

altered carbon chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Wow... another superb story!

I enjoyed this, mostly because it was from Koumyuu's view point, I think. I haven't come across a lot of stories on this site that are told from his side. It's a rarity, of sorts.

I also liked how you added the bit about how Koumyuu had very little time to choose and appoint an heir to the title, and that he knew he was going to die; it added to the urgency (?) of the story.

Keep up the fantastic writing!

*altered carbon*