Reviews for An old man's memories
coolcat12345 chapter 3 . 8/31/2014
Great humor and really so could just move in with him or tell him all about wizarding world/owl taming conspiracy before he becomes immune to Obliviating.
fairydustandcansofspam chapter 3 . 10/17/2007
Oh my, that was funny. "We. The owl taming conspiracy." It made me laugh. I'm surprised that obliviating someone so much wouldn't affect their memory in general, but whatever lol. I love how it's always Tonks that has to obliviate him. I think (I might not be remembering correctly though, and I'm too lazy to check now :P) (I lied. I'm gonna check! :D) Yeah, I was right... Anyway, I think that she implied at the beginning of the story that she had obliviated him before, when she said, "You don't remember me? Terrific!" I'd like to know more about his previous theories. These were very entertaining little... well, they're more like individual stories with a very obvious constant theme... Well, whatever they were, they were really nice. Anyway, that's all, so... bye!
Alberix.Silver.Quill chapter 3 . 7/6/2006
Ah poor Charles.

I don't suppose you could continue this story and give him a break do you?

Like when he's in his last years, they finally just let him have his memories, explain a little of it to him and generally leave the poor dear to his own idea's.

I know that wouldn't make much sense but I have a soft spot for doddery old men and I can't stand to watch people be controlled without their own knowing. (especially the aforementioned doddery old men)

..M.. I can only hope you haven't abandoned this fic as I feel that Charles deserves better.

_
Anna B. the Greek chapter 3 . 3/19/2006
Still reading. It's an interesting story.

See ya,

Anna.
fledge chapter 3 . 2/24/2006
So Herbert is a wizard? Clever how you introduce kind of an increase of tension in the course of the story. And still cleverer of Charles to come to all these conclusions. What a pity he'll not remember any of it - again. Seems quite unfair indeed. But otoh, he'll have so much more fun finding all these things out once again. The usual teacehr's notes: The owls were flying TO AND FRO (not trough), Tonks comes AT short notice, and she GIVES a laugh (not makes). Waiting for the next chapter!
Possum132 chapter 3 . 2/24/2006
Charles is such a dear old chap! I'm pleased to hear that Tonks' love life is looking up, too.
fledge chapter 2 . 2/22/2006
Well, not much to say here. another good read, and one really feels sorry for poor old Charles. Another note from the teacher: Say: 'the possibility was discussed...', don't start with 'it'.
fledge chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
Really pretty. So Tonks has been doing this to him before... Good fun to read, too. Poor Charles, he'll never find out! Small note: "where ARE my mannerS".
Dead-Luthien chapter 3 . 2/22/2006
Not again! :(( Poor Charles. Everytime he comes close to descovering the wizarding world, Tonks comes and obliviates him. It's so sad. Good idea to make Herbert a wizard or someone that knows about the wizarding was a good idea to make Tonks and Herbert talk like some old friends. I love the part with "Oh, and he even starts to admit that he actually is my boyfriend." It's really sweet. Will Remus make an appearance in the story? I think it would be fun.

I'm really glad that you update and i must admit that it has been very difficult for me to concentrate on learning my lessons for romanian classes knowing that your story is waiting for me to read it. (actually I never like learning for this class because my professor is a complet idiot that doesn't even know how to speak correctly. Only God knows how he became a professor. I'm not kidding.)
donahermurphy chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
Hmm.. this IS an interesting take on Obliviation. That practice has always struck me as slightly immoral in the HP books; none of the wizards really seem to care what happens to the muggles they Obliviate.

Lets hope Charled Newbury doesn't end up the same as Bertha.

Is this story complete? It seems to be somewhat unresolved, so I suppose you might be updating it again. It's very good; I hope you do.

Nymaphadora Tonks seems well in character- she strikes me as the type who'd feel bad about constantly Obliviating the same Muggle, but wouldn't do anything horribly drastic about unless she had an opportunity.

Rather different for Hermione, who'd probably try to do away with the Statue of Secrecy entirely if she thought it was being abused.

Well, nice story.
Possum132 chapter 2 . 2/2/2006
What a lovely old Muggle! Beautiful story.
Anna B. the Greek chapter 2 . 11/5/2005
This part was better than the first, especially writing-wise. I enjoyed it a lot.

Keep up the good work.

Anna :)
Dead-Luthien chapter 2 . 10/24/2005
wow! You wrote it very well. You paid a lot of atention to details wich ,in my opinion, make the story 't wait to read the rest of the story!
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
hm...interesting. I can't wait to read the rest to see where it's going.
Anna B. the Greek chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Looks promising... let's see what's to follow!

See ya,