Reviews for Fool Me Once
Infamousplot chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I love how you depict the characters. It's done so well. And no mentions of Knuckles being stupid for trusting Robotnik! Well done.

I especially liked the part where Knuckles realized that the M.E. was gone and that Robotnik had betrayed him. You did a great job capturing his distress and sense of betrayal there.
Hawki chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
-Good imagery at the start, what with Knuckles being the proverbial falcon. That fires were burning was initially a bit confusing, as it seemed to be juxtoposing the later stages of Angel Island Zone with STH3's intro.

-Niffy banter between Sonic and Knuckles. Both felt in character. However, I think a linebreaker would have worked well between Sonic's question as to "what's a Master Emerald?" and the slide into the vague events leading up to the confrontation at Hidden Palace.

-Overall a good job, though it felt a bit stop-start at times due to the numerous changes in location and time.
Bruce Pendragon chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
I normally don't read one-shots, but you and a few other authors are teaching me that I may need to rethink that policy. And it seems I'm going to have to read more of your works too.

I liked the characters, with the exception of one moment. Sonic's statement of "Finders Keepers" seems a little more crass than usual, even coming from Sonic. but that's an isolated incident. The dialogue was fitting, especially Sonic and Knuckles' exchange on the Tornado. I couldn't help but think Knuckles reminded me a bit of Star Trek's Worf, which was an interesting new take on the Guardian.

I do need to point out a few editing errors, like the lack of scene breaks (there's the site's formatting for you), and this one sentence.

"Knuckles-your ankle?" Sonic echidna was limping, ...

I think there are a few words missing between Sonic and Echidna.

Anyway, editing and formatting aside, it was refreshing. It's rare to see the old games given their due in this age of Sonamy fluff where all the fans seem to think the canon begins with Sonic Adventure. Keep this up.
Winnie C. Hedgehog chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Haha, yet another instance depicting Knuckles’ gullibility (lovin’ it). I also appreciated keeping the purist, true-blue style of Sonic in your fic. You seem to have a really good knowledgeable hold on the classic Sonic SEGA games (reference to the Death Egg, the Hidden palace, badniks, and Robotnik as distinctly different from Eggman). Nothing OOC, true to the characters, believable- the way it ought to be. The bantering between Sonic and Knuckles was very entertaining, I have to say I really enjoyed this piece.

5/5 Rings, great job!

-Winnie C. Hedgehog
Frozen Nitrogen chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
First: you taught me a new word: 'disport'. So thankyou! I shall be stealing it now.

And on the subject of stealing:

"I do not have the practice with falsehoods that you surface dwellers apparently do. It is hard to detect and judge something of which you have no experience."

It's a good job I read this AFTER I'd uploaded Chapter 2 of my Angel Island Zone, or I could have very easily been tarred and feathered for plagarism. Add Knuckles' reeling off of his titles, and his threats to tip people over the edge... well, I think we can conclude that evidently, great minds think alike. :)

Great realism, great dialogue, rigorously IC; it's all good. I can't really find anything to criticise, other than the absence of a personal appearence by the Doctor himself - which is never to the detriment of a story! ;)
Royal Conquest chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
hey you know what, Up until Sonic Heroes, Knuckles and Sonic had a HUGE rivalry, then in Sonic heroes, suddenly they wer best buds, wtf is up wit that?
Dr. Cat chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
This was a very well thought out story. I like the way you explained parts in the older games, giving them more of background details and character thoughts. Though there is a few typos, it is still a good read.