Reviews for Under My Wing
irene chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
I just found this - cute!
lindahoyland chapter 12 . 10/16/2005
I first read and enjoyed these stories at are delilightful gems and I am bookmarking them for future revisiting.I love the way you depict the children as normal human beings.
Raksha The Demon chapter 10 . 10/16/2005
I just loved this chapter. The differences between the boys is becoming apparent; along with Faramir's happy willingness to follow Boromir's lead - Boromir fiercely assaults Morgoth's forces, yelling defiance; Faramir herds his horses for defense, singing out Morgoth's doom. Of course, at this time, Faramir has no idea who or what Morgoth was, but the contrast is charming.

And even more charming is Denethor's quiet complicity, and his reminder of who really rules the Steward's roost.
Raksha The Demon chapter 6 . 10/16/2005
A nanny's lot is not always a happy one, even the highest-placed nanny in Gondor, but there are lovely moments and surprises, as in this chapter.

And Baby!Faramir is so darned cute, without being unrealistic. Sorry that he kept Nanny up with the teething, but even the sweetest of babies probably gets a bit fretful going through it.
Raksha The Demon chapter 5 . 10/16/2005
Big "Aw" for this chapter. It's sometimes forgotten in fanfic that Boromir would have been the darling of the Citadel, his father and grandfather's households, and all of Minas Tirith as Denethor's only son, until Faramir arrived. Then the adulation would have been shared. And Boromir wouldn't be used to sharing. It's very real that a five-year-old princeling would be shaken by the arrival of a much-praised baby brother. I love Boromir's allowing Faramir to have one of the lullabies, but holding on to the "hush baby" song, even if he doesn't really need it any more.
Raksha The Demon chapter 4 . 10/16/2005
Oh, Nanny is truly the iron fist in the velvet glove - nobody, highborn or otherwise, manhandles her nursling!

Great seeing elegant, courtly Imrahil get tough with the uppity lordling.

There's a typo in the spelling of Forlong in a couple of places; but it doesn't spoil the drama of this excellent chapter.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Good to see this lovely story up on this site!

Boromir's bathtime battle of Imrahil v. Corsairs, and his running commentary, was hilarious! Poor soaked nanny.

What happened to the turtle?
142 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10