Reviews for Under My Wing
Violin Ghost chapter 43 . 4/9/2007
I love the song Blackbird, and I love this story of yours. It really, really touched me in a way I can't even describe. Seeing Faramir and Boromir as young, innocent children, and seeing a person who cares about them as much as a mother would makes me feel very warm inside.

There are many priceless lines I'd love to quote from your story, and having several younger brothers of my own, I can relate. All in all, I do hope you'll write more, for I love this story very, very much. You write in a way that touches the heart, really. And I'm so glad that the grammar is pretty much perfect. Your songs are well-written, too.

Continue, please. :D
Brownies of Desire chapter 17 . 4/5/2007
Way to go, Nanny! Very nicely written chapter. I laughed really hard after reading the last few sentences. Keep up the good work!
grumpy123 chapter 17 . 3/5/2007
Glad that Nanny stuck to her guns, can not have the kids going off with anyone.
MKofGod chapter 50 . 2/25/2007
I love this story! It's very nice to see Boromir and Faramir growing up and how their personalities developed. However I am a little confused over this last chapter. When did she get married? And is it talking about when Boromir died? Or is he just wounded in battle? Sorry, lots of questions, but hey! That's a good sign! Great story
Brownies of Desire chapter 46 . 1/28/2007
Yay, new chapters! They are so sweet. Again, you write really well. Hope to see more soon!
grumpy123 chapter 46 . 1/22/2007
What a great adventure for the boys. I love nanny's warning to the rangers, that one is stubborn and the other one climbs. Even the rabbit got to camp out overnight.
grumpy123 chapter 47 . 1/22/2007
yep, I can see Boramir going arround with holes in his socks, because he didn't want to learn.
GreenWood Elf chapter 47 . 1/15/2007
I love this collection of stories. They are wonderful! Nanny is a fantastic OC and I love the way we readers get to see Boromir and Faramir grow through her eyes. Great job with this. Please, update soon.

GreenWood Elf
Rugi chapter 44 . 12/19/2006
Hm... I suspect Boromir is doomed to a life of lumpy socks - I can't see him having the patience to darn his socks quite so carefully. Maybe he can get himself a batman or something.

Great Denethor and Faramir dynamic here (I love to see those two together on any terms). You show how Denethor is just a little bemused by his curious son and that Faramir's insatiable curiousity probably leads him in odd directions (thank heavens he didn't become fascinated with pie-making - I don't think Denethor would have been quite so tolerant).

As usual you also show really well that Denethor, even in a good and consiliating mood, would be a VERY difficult boss - even more so if you had been entrusted with the raising of his children. My respect for the Nanny grows and grows - it's not a job I would be brave enough to handle ;).
Rugi chapter 41 . 12/19/2006
Oh I am SO glad! I really wanted to see Nanny and Gandalf in the same scene and you did it beautifully. I loved Gandalf's nurturing of Faramir's curiosity. He listens and subtly leads just a little bit - it's perfect.

It's telling that the Nanny, as a woman so connected with nurturing children, would think about and pity Gandalf's lack of family - I wonder if any other of Gandalf's aquaintances would even consider it. It's true that Gandalf's indulgence of the little hobbits suggests that he is inclined to enjoy childish company. It shows the Nanny's wisdom that she perceives Gandalf's essential isolation.
Rugi chapter 18 . 12/19/2006
Heh. It is sadly true that a real rabbit will probably be more entertaining to a small boy than any baby (yelps, messes, and NO conversation). I love the explanation of Faramir's nickname - I'm really glad that Boromir had a part in establishing it.
Rugi chapter 8 . 12/19/2006
Cute and funny scene.

I am constantly impressed by how well you write babies - you show Boromir's charming, stubborn personality in baby form really well without unrealistic sentiment or a moment where the reader thinks "A baby wouldn't do/say that."

It always amazes me how VERY messy babies of around 1 can be. They manage to smear food in places that ought to be inaccessable :)
Raksha The Demon chapter 47 . 12/16/2006
Understated but terribly hard-hitting and sad.

Yes, who is comforting Faramir now? Perhaps Nanny should take a trip to Minas Tirith after the War is over, just to let him know she hasn't forgetten him or Boromir.

Poor Nanny; her grief is strong here, as is, though he is not there very long, that of the chamberlain whose luckless task it is to deliver the bad news to her.

Great chapter! (I'm glad for Nanny's sake, as well as my own and Eowyn's and Gondor's, that Faramir survived)
Brownies of Desire chapter 47 . 12/12/2006
Wow! This is really good. You give wonderful descriptions of the characters, I could really get a feel for them. I think you've done a great job of capturing crucial moments in childhood. (not like I'd know...) "News" is really sad :( I don't have a favorite chapter, I like them all :)

Just one thing- what's a mountain oyster? Do I really want to know?
lindahoyland chapter 10 . 12/11/2006
I liked this very much and think you are spot on about Captain Thorongil !Very well written.
142 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »