Reviews for In the Womb of Good and Evil
Child of Dreams chapter 1 . 12/13/2016
(sighs miserably)
Oh, Erik...what have you done?
The Scorpion chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
I don't think I ever told you how much I love this.. If there's one thing you can do, it's write sexy darkness! I don't care WHAT you're writing about, every word keeps me interested and gives me the good kind of chills!
aril rive chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
i think that this is very great story that i just read oh and good job on it to whoever wrote it. GREAT JOB!
hi chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
hello. I read the other reviews before writing mine, to see what was covered, and I think Senna Wales has some points. I really enjoyed the story, you had great atmosphere and I was genuinely intrigued. I think that it was a bit confusing in some places, though. There were also a few spots where your grammar was off. Besides that, I loved it.
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
Oh, wow. This was definitely another one of Stitchgrl's "Something New" kind of phics - strange, inscrutable, but rather fascinating all the same.

That having been said, I seriously did not understand this phic the first time around. :P Second time around - better, but uh.. definitely still confused. :P So instead of seriously reviewing, I'm gonna write a bit of rambling to try to figure out what happened. So here's what I could deduce:

The man with the red rope, Erik, is walking through the Garden of Eden with the devil, the man with the serpent staff. Except, this Garden of Eden is more like some kind of Garden of Evil - you started out the phic with that Bible quotation, which suggests to me that now that man has been driven out of the Garden of Eden, all that's left is the devil, who, one could assume, would turn the garden into something evil. The man with serpent staff is actually sort of a dead guy or something, like his body is being possessed by the serpent, which is actually alive and is the devil.

So anyway, I'm guessing that because the devil controls this forest now, the so-called Tree of Life is now some kind of Tree of Death. It's ironic, b/c it IS a tree of life (the idea of it being alive with a womb, a mode of life, and all) and yet its being alive means that it causes death. Um, I didn't really get WHY the tree would kill Erik, and what Erik was doing walking around with the devil for that matter, but I'm guessing that it has something to do with Christine - like Erik made a deal with the devil about Christine..? Except the deal went bad, and the devil took Christine and she died and so did Erik by the end? Or did the devil/Death decide to keep Erik because he sings beautifully like Christine?

..man. Yeah. I really don't get it, but at the same time, I'm intrigued. Very, very interesting.

Proofreading notes- I noticed a few punctuation errors and typos, and some of the sentences could be better worded to eliminate some of the confusion I felt in reading this. Like, I know that you kept things ambiguous on purpose, but I think that some of the ambiguities (like inconsistent vague identitification of the two men) made things a little more confusing than necessary. Go ahead and IM me if you're confused by MY review (heh). :)
phtmangl1013 chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
I like the start of the story.I can't wait to see hwat happens next
Mizamour chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Wow. That was truly amazing. Very much like Poe, or Kafka - but with a style all your own that made this an amazing and thoroughly deep read. Wow. This doesn't need to be a fanfic - it can stand on its own as a short story - but I'm so glad you put it on this site - now I get to read it! Awesome story...wow.
ahomelesspirate chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
That was a truly phenomenal pice of work. excellent job. Your imagery and allusions and symbolism amazed me
Pickledishkiller chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
I could not follow that at all. Like, I know it was religious... So, Satan? Interesting fic.
Quiet2885 chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
I won't say too much, so as not to give the ending away. Very nice, though! I like dark fics that are in the most subtle ways E/C. POTO is one those few stories where morbid fluff/romance work. Nice job encorporating spirituality, too. Looking forward to more of your work!