Reviews for Dignity & Despair
j.rose chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
this was written a few years ago but i just found it, and you are an excellent writer. (you aren't published are you?) i've always thought Tel/Esme was a good couple, and this is a touching piece. thank you!
marinawings chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
i love this little story. i think you definitely have the character of tel downpat. i would definitely read more if you ever decided to write a full-blown story.
twin03 chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
I know this hasn't been touched in a couple years, but I just found it after rereading the Firebird books. It's nicely done-thanks!
Jaina Kenobi chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
And, in the process, put *his* fragmented world to rights again, of course. :)

That was great! I wish I had time to write more Firebird fanfiction since this section of FFN is woefully underrepresented, but I could never measure up to this anyway. Well done!
The Noble French Fry chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
I love all of your Firebird fanfics! They're all so... in tune and great...

But I think I should let you know you're not the only one on FF to dabble in Mrs. Tyers' world anymore! I posted my own Firebird story just this afternoon!
MK chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
A nice story about Tel and Esme. I'd be happy to read more. It's a shame there aren't many fanfics of the Firebird universe, it's a very interesting place.
Misti Wolan chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
Not bad. Not bad at all.

That's a compliment. :) Most often people pull off what you did while absolutely slaughtering grammar.

A little note: I think you're trying too hard to mimick Tyers' writing style. The flow's disrupted. Relax and let more of your own style out.

Fanfics should catch characters, not writing styles. :)

That doesn't mean it won't be possible for you to pull it off; I just think you need more practice with concise writing, first. For example, that Tellai's attention to clothes was a "nervous habit" is an unneeded statement. It's pretty obvious from the context.

Still, nice story, realistically done, and nicely written. :)

And, yay! Another Firebird fic!

Keep writing!

LadyMoriel chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Tel/Esme sque!

Heh. Yes. Anyway. *squashes inner fangirl* I still think this is really cute, because it's Tel/Esme and all...and we are moving on now. Okay. I love what you've done with Tel's memories-Siwann's funeral, Tel's sleepless nights, the resemblances to Firebird. That and Esme's vulnerability just seem very *right* here. Wonderful little ficlet.

Now you just need to make it bigger. :p
Midenian Scholar chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Wh00t! Go Tel!

You will be so proud of me: I am no longer seeing Tel as a hobbit. At least, not at the moment... Heheh.

Very good still! Poor wittle Esme.
AMAPADME chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
HEY Banui I know you from Tolkien Online. I am AGLHE But here I am Amapadme.

Anyway, I got here from your xanga site. I know you are an excellent writter and so I checked out your story here. I don't know this story but I was definately not disappointed. It was a great chapter.