Reviews for Splinters
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Love the sweet angst. The little things series is amazing. Can't wait to see it play out.
alisosia chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I could just see Jayne carring River around the ship - so dreemy

great story
SpiritBox chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
Guh. I love your Jayne.
canthereisto chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
tortured soul jayne is most definitely an interesting Jayne, loved that. Very well written and completely in character!

Ava
RomanceGuru chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
This one is so in depth. We get to see Jayne’s conflicting emotional torment.

This passage is especially beautiful;

“He knew he could never have her, knew he shouldn’t want her – but he did. The wantin’ was an ache deep in his gut and every day it got a little worse. Made him tetchy and twitchy and angry, because she weren’t his and wouldn’t ever be, no matter what. He wished he could be Jayne again, the Jayne he was comfortable with, the Jayne that din’t want no soft little killer girl-weapons messin’ up his life.”
Azamiko chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
Why do people dislike falling in love so much?
Lattelady chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
Beautiful story and I love your series title, it's very fitting. Poor Jayne, I get the feeling he has a huge suprise coming somewhere down the road.
Love it chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
aw..._
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
I love the last line. It perfectly sums up you deliciously conflicted New-Jayne. (little thought: In Titan A.E. New-Earth was called Bob.)
simonishot chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
*It was hard to ignore the way she felt in his arms when he carried her around the ship. She’d wrap her arms around his neck and snuggle into him when he lifted her. He’d feel her breath against his neck and the tickle of her hair hangin’ over his arm, and he’d wonder what her breath would feel like elsewhere on his body and what her hair would feel like flowin’ like water ‘cross his thighs. *

This is incredibly steamy, without being overtly sexual, which makes me wonder if you're ever going to write any lemons into this series. I have a feeling lemons from you would be sweet and sour, with just the perfect blend of tart. I never saw Jayne/River as a couple before until I started reading these, and now I think they are my favorite.
Grav chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
Most people really cannot pull off Jayne-speak and not have it sound ridiculous. Fortunately for us, you are not most people.

This is lovely and folksy and RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

Well done.