Reviews for A Legacy of Strength
novelreader chapter 56 . 11/22
I love Drin too, he's my favorite and his growth was as enjoyable to watch as Anakin's. He seems like a real teenager.

And the Obi-wan and Anakin connection in the end. This fic seems like a Obi-Wan and Anakin pairing fic... Though in my mind it's a brother-father relationship. I love their relationship! And Anakin finally heeding Obi-Wan's wise words. He grew so much! *sobs* Love it!

novelreader chapter 55 . 11/22
The Force being like a mother to Anakin, or a father? I love this analogy. Finally, Anakin has learned to trust and let go.
novelreader chapter 54 . 11/22
I still want them to be together! Because it's destined! And Luke and Leia won't be born otherwise! Plus I think it'll be interesting to see how the love story would go if Anakin was real professional and didn't think with his heart most of the time, and Padme had to be the one to try and seduce him. Then again she sort of was trying but she was sending mixed messages while Anakin was being more honest with himself when it came to her. I like her in this fic a bit because I think she actually has something relatable to Anakin and I think they do need each other in the end. I mean Obi-Wan's gone, and all Anakin has is Windu, which isn't really bad considering how their relationship evolved...

Still Luke and Leia, and Han and Chewie! Come on what about the next generation!?
novelreader chapter 47 . 11/22
That dialogue of General Grevious sounds more like Count Dooku to me. And can your really tell the Genreal's emotions, he sounds savage, wretched, and angry to me all the time. I just can't imagine him being, or acting like he's... civilized. Maybe Dooku is using him as a puppet and having it imitate all his mannerisms in diplomacy.

I can't help but think you hate Padme, I really want to see something from her point of view. She seems to be falling apart, why are you so cruel!? Makes me wonder if behind the scenes, Leia was like this. I mean she was actually there, and saw her homeplanet destroyed right in front of her eyes! And then she was fighting in the rebellion after being freed and planning like normal. I mean seriously is she just that a good of an actress, I mean the character not the actress, that she could put her grief in a box save it for another time, and then just focus on the mission on hand. I don't Padme for being like this, they are in all essence unprepared against the Death Star. If only she went along with the Jedi's insistence on investigation, they wouldn't be in this mess. For Leia though, gaining plans for the Death Star was her mission, and while had she not been involved may have saved her planet, some other planet would have been destroyed anyway, so gaining the plans gave the Rebel Alliance an advantage and a way to defeat the machine. Also they had Luke. But hey the Republic has Anakin who unlike Luke has powerful visions of the future and I think a more powerful connection with the Force so maybe they have a chance. It'll be taxing on Anakin though.
novelreader chapter 41 . 11/22
haha good description of Ferus the perfect jedi who knows he's perdfect at least in Anakin's mind lol.

"Is he always like this?"
"Always," "There's no 'off' switch I looked."

lol. I'm loving the disses on Ferus. Nice to know Anakin still finds some characteristics of Ferus annoying. Their friendship is very interesting. I hope you write something on how it ended up happening because in canon Ferus ends up leaving the order, it kind of was Anakin's fault, his jealousy prevented him from helping Ferus and that lead to a death of one of their friends and apparently a crush of Ferus's named Darra. Also they were in some Dark Side place which was really making Anakin become real dicky as most Dark Side places and objects tend to do to him. Why the Council send them there I don't know. This I got from a fanfiction author who was writing a time travel fic of Vader going back to Phantom Menace Time and then re-living his beginnings within the jedi. There was a lot of angst and reminiscing.

My favorite is the ending: "There was a glass halfway with water, leftover from some time yesterday. Ferus raised it. 'All right,' he said. 'Here's to endangering the Republic.' Then he set the glass back down, because, after all, someone else had drunk from it first."

lol. Guess he's germ phobic.
novelreader chapter 40 . 11/22
I kind of understood what Ferus was saying... and I kind of didn't. In what I can understand, yeah Ferus is right, that trait of Anakin's is worrisome as much as it's admirable. He's capable of being more of a leader then most of the Jedi Order due to that trait, despite it being a double. That trait is also something that could make him a tyrant. It makes him go beyond just protecting and wanting to make to move, to produce change, and change is foreign to the Jedi because they are reduced to just following a Code, which is great but doesn't allow much flexibility or pragmatism when dealing what's going on out there. This is the very reason they got themselves involved with the Clone Wars because of duty despite the fact that it was all an obvious trap. I'm surprised that nobody decided to investigate the Clones sudden appearance and the mystery that somebody purchased without the Council's permission, but then again the war didn't provide room for investigation they should have made room for. For most of the prequels, it was obvious that they were being blindly led and they didn't even wonder over it, just relied on the Force as if that would save them when it was already clouded by darkness, oh and also putting most of the burden of bringing balance to 'The Chosen One' because the prophecy became convenient to believe in with the arrival of the Sith and the growing darkness. What I like about this fic is that we see that after Orderr 66, the Jedi have become much more wiser and less complacent.
novelreader chapter 22 . 11/22
I understand why Padme would go for peace and an alliance with The Alliance (the irony of Grevious being leader of that, right). I mean what other choice was there, stand up and fight, which probably would have been the choice had she refused, Grevious has control over the droids and Dooku the clones, the Republic, nothing, except leftover Jedi from Order 66 and despite a year passing, I highly doubt the Order had recovered, though the events of the Clone Wars seems to be less than in canon, a year of two maybe as opposed to three, it seemed to have been much more catastrophic if middle rim planets like Naboo were threatened and even gained casualties as opposed to canon, where it seems most of the war happened on Outer Rim planets and planets that really wouldn't have held an interest to the Republic but are still important if the Separatist didn't focus on it like Jabiim.

I honestly don't think Padme forgave Grevious. Say what you will about her character and her pacifist ideals, Padme just knows when to put her selfish desires and personal feelings aside to do what needs to be done, and the Republic needs peace, it was falling apart because of the war, she has a lot in her plate. I like that Anakin has noticed that, I don't think in Canon, probably due to Palpatine's manipulations and hand in his personal beliefs, does he realize how important democracy and the Republic was to her. And with the death of her family, it's understandable that she would put her entire soul into rebuilding it and keeping the peace even if it meant making peace with her family's murderer. It reminds me a bit of a combination of Luke and Leia. Leia, because even after seeing Alderaan's destruction, put all her energy in the rebel alliance, only difference is I highly doubt she would make peace with Tarkin, or since Tarkin was dead, with Vader. Hell she ends up finding out Vader is actually his father, and when he visits her in his newly redeemed young looking, because he technically died when he turned to the dark side to be Vader, self, she still doesn't forgive him, her reasoning sounds very much like what Anakin tells Windu in your story, forgiving a murderer doesn't stop him or take away the fact the he has murdered, "Ten minutes of contrition does not take away twenty years of murder and destruction", I think that was her words. It's amazing how similar Anakin and Leia are, when I read about Anakin's trial, Anakin's sharp words reminded me a lot of her. I wonder if Padme really is the one she gets politicking. Probably, she just got the naturalness of insulting and bold cutting remarks from her father lol. Kind of sad that Anidala is not going to be a thing in this story, but also interested in what a real by the book (not entirely because it's Anakin we're talking about) jedi Anakin would be like.

Anyway, Luke is a lot like Padme in the way that he could put aside his personal feelings for the greater good. He's a lot more diplomatic in my opinion then his sister, though I still prefer Leia in the politician role. Luke's tendency towards forgiveness is what makes him a great jedi and it's a jedi's greatest weapon to try to appeal in the good in people. It is what in the end, destroyed Vader and brought back Anakin Skywalker from the grave. I hope in this fic Anakin learns this in order to truly reach his potential. It was his tendency, his inability to forgice and to see the good in others as well as his reliance on his attachments rather then principles that are ussually made to keep a person grounded that led to Anakin turning to the Dark Side. He's not kidding when he says that he's lucky to survive Palpatine I wonder if we'll ever see Palpatine again, I highly doubt it, Palpatine probably only started cloning himself during the time Vader was being built and brought back to life, he was rather intereted in his master's studies on bringing people back to life, and in immortality plus Vader actually accomplished in making a clone of a force-sensitive (Starkiller) so Anakin pretty much knicked the bud of that weed before it got any bigger.
novelreader chapter 15 . 11/21
Yeah without Padme gibing Anakin to feel some passion and love for, his Achilles Heel, Anakin is pretty much straight up Jedi, or at least he can focus more on his issues before thinking or evening going into a relationship. I still somewhat hope the two interact and sparks fly, I do like Anidala for some reason hehe. Is Luke and Leia going to exist in this fic or is Anakin really going to be the Merlin of the Star Wars universe?
novelreader chapter 14 . 11/21
I don't know if it's in character, but I really love Anakin and Windu's interactions. I always percieved Windu to be rather cold hence my somewhat dislike of him though I'll admit he's badass so I don't really entirely hate him. I can certainly understand him as a character, and he's really noble even if he can be a well-intention extremist, not like Anakin though, he's wise, and you really show that in this fic. Great job.
novelreader chapter 1 . 11/19
I have a problem with this chapter all because Ferus and Anakin are friends. From what I read of the books, the two, or at least Anakin for some reason, probably because Ferus didn't trust him, didn't like each other AT ALL. And the closest to a relationship those two got, was merely tolerating each other's presence and working together when they have too. Even if they did became friends, I don't think their personalities would change much. Ferus is very uptight and yet here he's not so much, was it because of getting to know Anakin? And Anakin... seems very nice, not that he isn't but in the original he seemed very intense and a little vindictive, snippy... he seems innocent, and his personality reminds me a bit of his son here then Anakin.. then again I didn't read all of the Jedi Quest series and what I did read, it wasn't in order. I think I only read two books to be honest, one where Anakin, Obi-Wan, Siri, and Ferus goes to Malastare I think and there was a podrace tournament, and then another where Anakin and Ferus get into a boy's private school in some planet I don't remember to investigate something, and shit happens yeah. Anyway, from the two books I read, those two are opposite as night and day, Ferus is too by the book and Anakin is way to independent and tends to think his way is the right way plus he's reckless. It makes me wonder in your story, what changed? I hope you clarify.
Merlin's baggy bottom chapter 35 . 7/12
This is a good story... But in my option it is dragged out more than it needs to be. If it stopped shortly after killing the emperor. I could have stopped and though 'wow that a good fic' but you've just tried to fit too much in. Again my option. Sorry
todor340 chapter 56 . 7/3
Withour words :) just so good :)
AI chapter 56 . 5/26
Amazing story. I stayed up all night reading because I can't put it down. Thank you so much for writing and sharing!
AEY chapter 56 . 3/1
I don't completely know what it is about Obi-Wan talking to Anakin that has me tearing up or crying every time I read it, but I do. This was definitely a deserving, heartwarming, and bittersweet ending to the story. It couldn't have ending better.

I admit, I was unsure how much I would enjoy the story with Obi-Wan dead, but I have to say that my respect for Anakin (at least in this story) grew tremendously. This is especially so after Anakin turned down Padme because their romance in the movies just seemed like rushed Hollywood B.S. to me. I don't know how many times I want to slap the mess out of Anakin watching the movies.

Anyways, I'm glad I decided to read this story. You did a fine job. :)
Elise chapter 56 . 1/25
Amazing and brilliant and awesomely written and excellent and great and extraordinary and thank you very much for writing this and just :).