Reviews for Cinderfella
Butterfree chapter 16 . 4/29
Aww, that was such a sweet ending! I love the emphasis on how Sora's road to recovery is a long one and would continue way after this story was over. After all, that type of trauma does stay with you even after the initial source is gone. My favourite part had to be the confession. just the thought of Kairi having to tutor Riku on jumping the fence was the perfect level of hilarity followed by the heartwarming scene afterwards.

Overall, you handled that whole "falling in love while dressed as a girl" plot very maturely. While enjoyable, it wasn't the only thing driving the entire story forward. There was still your characters' coming of age, their feelings, and the theme of moving on permeating throughout. And I absolutely love that. Thank you so much for the read!

Butterfree chapter 14 . 4/29
Actually, I was just about to comment that Cloud sitting there having a tender moment instead of getting the ambulance there first thing was a bad idea XD Even worse that the police didn't force them into a hospital first thing, as that would NEVER happen in real life. Maybe it's a nitpick of mine because I notice it happening sometimes in stories.

Butterfree chapter 10 . 4/29
What a great story so far! There are high points and low points, but I definitely think the high points do more than enough to make up for it. Starting with those, I absolutely love how you're actually going through the effort of showing us nearly every single interaction that these characters share. A lot of authors tend to skip those kinds of things and only go for the big moments without realizing that those small ones, like Cloud and Leon getting over those awkward moments or Sora throwing crackers at Riku are just as important. I like being able to watch how their relationship grows. And I love how your story makes it completely visible to the reader without spoon-feeding us.

Another thing I really admire is how well you took the elements of Cinderella and changed it up to suit the characters and story that you wanted to tell. I can't stress enough how writing something based on the idea from another doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to change it. The whole situation with how Sora and Riku's economic status is switched, and the reasoning that Ansem leading such a successful life is why no one suspects Sora's abuse is intriguing and makes a lot of sense. It causes the whole concept of "rescuing" Cinderella from her situation more focused on emotional value rather than material value. It's something that, in my opinion, actually improves upon the original tale by leaps and bounds.

As for lows, I guess my biggest gripe would have to be how you handle the sexualities themselves. Yes, Sora and Cloud are both attracted to guys. But being a guy doesn't make being molested by another guy okay. While the way Sora grew up is different and hence his psyche probably is as well, I can tell that with the way you wrote him, his self-worth is not damaged enough to let a random stranger touch him just because that stranger happens to be male. And Cloud probably just wouldn't let it happen at all. Then there's how Cloud left his brother alone with a child molester and only a friend he's never met to protect him. I mean, yes, it leads to some interesting situations and it does serve the purpose of helping Sora and Cloud come to terms with their sexuality, but I just think there are more tasteful or logical ways of doing it. It's how nonsensical the build-up to these sexual scenes are that makes them the weakest part of your story.

Still though, like I mentioned and despite all of that, I'm still enjoying this story a lot. It kind of makes me curious what it was like back before you edited it. I can't wait to keep reading!

Guest chapter 16 . 4/19/2016
Aaaaaah man I love this story.
Miss Light Bright chapter 16 . 8/31/2015
Great story! I really liked some of the dialogue you wrote. Very realistic and things my friends and I would say. Thanks for this entertaining story!
Miss Light Bright chapter 11 . 8/31/2015
Hey, I'm glad you left the Cloud/Sora. This is going to be extra interesting! I was seriously surprised. HAHA! I hope you still read these reviews even though it's been a few years. (P.S. I think it's totally awesome that you like 2NE1. You mentioned it in a past chapter somewhere...)
Guest chapter 16 . 6/13/2013
Will Sora ever go back to Japan to see his parents' grave(s)?
Just wanted to know... this was a great story, I loved it. Thanks for writing it! :) :B
Coffee Detective chapter 16 . 6/4/2013
I really enjoyed this story! I love Sora's cross-dressing especially! I also loved how Cloud and Leon got together, too. It's was wonderful!
CrazyKittyXIV chapter 16 . 2/19/2013
Awh that was sooooo cute! Minus the Ansem part. I'm so mega happy my BFF recommended this. *fangirl squeal*
Liz chapter 16 . 11/21/2012
Great! This is now one of my favorite SoRiku stories out there :)
ElectroNerd chapter 16 . 10/8/2012
Such a wonderful story! Bravo! It was all so realistic to me, with the awesome descriptions (for some reason I imagined Riku having a tan, making him a bronze sort of color ._.), the great word use, and... AND... just everything! ;) I was so lively reading this story; I would gasp at certain parts, I would mimic what they did in the story, I would hold a hand up to my head because I have such a bad headache because my imagination was projecting everything that was happening like a movie... *Sighs* This story was soo good I couldn't stay away from it! It's like, an hour after my bedtime... -_- And I've got school tomorrow... And I have to get up early... You're story was just that good that I decided to read it even with all of the consequences *cough*lossofsleep*cough* that's just how good it was. Thank you for such a wonderful story!
NerdySamSays chapter 16 . 8/17/2012
gah that took me forever to read (by that I mean one and a half days) but it was so good I dont care.. bit saddening in places and a bit confusing in others if you dont read it properly but other than that it was really good, I loved the cross-dressing part and after a week of reading one-sided SoRiku's this was actually a nice change
Kiagura Misashi chapter 7 . 8/4/2012
Your chapter made me laughed so hard that it brought back a terrible snorting habit and I hate and Love you for it. :)
Transcendentalist Tangencies chapter 16 . 7/16/2012
A great story! XD
Gxmwp-Arisa chapter 16 . 7/13/2012
I was trying to find this story after it disappeared from my favourites .