Reviews for The Acceptable Sacrifice
Quiet Hiker chapter 69 . 2/16/2014
This chapter is posted twice-the text all repeats itself and the first time is missing a little of the end.

I really enjoy your stories! The emotions and characters and Hobbits in this are written really well.
MuggleCreator chapter 100 . 1/27/2014
Lovely.
Oh, Frodo...
Your way of explaining things is very good.
Meritre chapter 53 . 5/29/2013
Very good story
The characters are lovable und you can easily imagine the pictures of the story in your mind.
Lace-Sylph chapter 41 . 3/11/2013
Love your story but I've got to tell you this one almost gave me the shakes. I had what we thought was a boil but turned to be a raging infection that needed two surgeries and a month in the hospital on IV antibiotics to get rid of. This reminds me of the sense of invasion I felt as I was recovering. I only made it through because my husband stayed with me every day of that month, sleeping in the waiting rooms at night. He has a fair resemblance to Samwise in nature, as you might see, needs someone to take care of and I'm his favorite cause for concern. And he is mine because neither of us are exactly well. You do capture all of this excellently though so i have to say again...Well done!
ForeverWithLove chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
I love this story. Thank you so much for writing this, for I've always wanted to know more about what happened before Frodo boarded the ship. This story brought so many emotions to life and I loved every moment it of it. Thanks again!
L.A.H.H chapter 101 . 4/1/2010
This story is beyond words, absolutely excellent. I've loved reading every word of it, even when it was distressing and I think every character, OC or otherwise, was perfectly rendered in minute detail. Thanks for writing. x
Renana chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Dear Larner, this story was one of the first ones I ever read in fandom a few years ago. And - it hooked me! Then I read everything. And very much later I read your Prolouge - very moving - about your husband. Sometimes i thought you were exaggeratin in H/C - but then you had me in tears with your personal story. I just want to say "thank you" for your great stories! (And...It would have been so much easier to say sth. in my own language...)Goodbye and thank you (again) - Renana
kateydidnt chapter 51 . 10/2/2008
*snort* I can just imagine a few in the crowd witnessing this saying "wait, did he just say that the King was Thorongil?"
szepilona10 chapter 101 . 3/2/2008
I loved your story so much, I did not want it to end! It is without doubt one of the best fanfictions that I have ever read. Thank you!
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 101 . 11/1/2007
I've had a difficult and tearful time reading the last ten or so chapters. You see, my own brother died three years ago of congestive heart failure at the age of 44. He was born with a heart defect, and we were told every day he lived was a miracle. Your descriptions of a person (Frodo) in congestive heart failure are quite accurate, and brought back many, many memories for me. In many ways my brother was quite like how Frodo dealt with him health problems and his own impending death. Before my brother died, he told me he was tired of being brought back by the ER doctors, and that the next time he suffered another heart attack (there were at least eight in his last year of life) he was not going to call anyone. And that's exactly what we think happened. So having Frodo do what he does and say what he does and appear as he does is quite consistent with my own personal experience. It was a difficult read, but well worth it for me. Thank you for keeping to canon. And thank you for such a nice, long story.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 93 . 10/30/2007
Oh, sweet stars. More tears. I never imagined Frodo contemplating using rope, but the rope refusing is brilliant. Thanks for such a beautiful, angsty chapter.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 86 . 10/26/2007
Interesting setup. Will he? Won't he? Must keep reading to find out!
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 67 . 10/22/2007
I am very happy this story has so many chapters.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 60 . 10/16/2007
I love the Mina Whitfoot character. Very nice Shire point of view.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 51 . 10/12/2007
OK. This chapter had me in tears a couple of times. Excellent. And very much like Tolkien's writing.