Reviews for Themes in the Key of B
r3nlock chapter 21 . 9/25/2013
i love these and i hope you write more
r3nlock chapter 12 . 9/25/2013
must see more of :
-bruce goes missing after parents' death and becomes something else (street kid, amnesia, etc.)
and
-ducard gets a hold of bruce at a YOUNG age (OMG that'd be fantastic!)
TrisakAminawn chapter 19 . 2/6/2011
Good piece.

Bruce does realize that a plate window is going to cost more to replace than could possibly have been in the register, right? I'll give his awesome skills their due and acknowledge that he may not have significantly increased Kev's chances of being shot because he's just that good, but really. Stupid rich genius. Almost as bad as Superman and his car-fu. (I spit nails over that rooftop car sequence in Batman Begins, too.)
TrisakAminawn chapter 7 . 2/6/2011
These are neat. Sloppy with canon sometimes, but it's /Batman,/ there are a billion continuities and building your own is just fine, long as it's done well. Nice character stuff.

This one, though...'ocean'...all I could say the whole time was ewewewewew. Because the water off Manhattan...there are no beaches, not really, and you don't swim. You don't *touch* the East River if you can help it. We still pump our /sewage/ out there. New York Harbor is not water to get clean in, literally or symbolically, and it's hard to imagine Gotham Harbor not being worse. After all, it's supposed to be what you get when you pull all the daylight out of New York and send it to Metropolis. So this didn't work for me. Very nicely done, though.
Anna chapter 20 . 1/20/2009
Beautiful one-shot.
AB chapter 14 . 1/3/2009
Love this chapter... excellent descriptions of the monastery and Bruce's emotions.
AB chapter 10 . 1/3/2009
Great ficlets... they are all well-written and I really enjoyed reading them. Thank you for exploring the "third" Bruce Wayne, the one only visible to his closest people. Please keep writing!
Maverick Butterfly chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
So instead of clogging your inbox with 21 new review alerts I'll be squishing seven or so into each review. Sorry I wasn't with you from the beginning it would have made the review process easier.

1."Bad Weather"- Loved the line "The sound of water is so loud he no longer hears the thunder outside." and the subsequent line of "When he does fall asleep, napping after reading half of the latest financial reports, he dreams of drowning." The moodiness is intense and leaves an evocative feeling after finishing the read.

2. "Tim Spent Apart"- "she mourned his potential more than she ever mourned him." This really seems to capture her view of Bruce. All the things he could have been outweigh what she (initially) sees that he has amounted to.

3. "Unfamiliar Territory"- I love second person perspective. I think it tends to be underused and when it used isn't usually executed properly. I think this one managed it.

4. "Education" - E! I really liked this one. It was amazing to see his progression in so few words. It encompassed quite a lot and I think showed his development quite well.

5. "Old Friends"- I really liked Harvey's inability to explain his reactions to the news of Bruce's disappearance and return. It's like they understand each other more than anyone else, but they don't understand how they do it.

6. "Mimic/Imitation"- "Bruce'[s] blade slices a neat line through fabric, only hairsbreadth away from piercing skin and ribs." Don't know why I just liked that line.

7. "Ocean"- I love the symbolism of baptism and Bruce's inability to quite put into words or thoughts his feelings and why he is doing something is rather powerful.
Wyndmir chapter 21 . 9/8/2008
So fantastic to see these again! I see what you mean about "Argument," but I think it turned out well. And if it felt a bit misogynous, well...that's not to say that some women *aren't* like that, because they are. "Regrets" had a lovely tone with the image of Bruce on the phone staring into nothing as the other end hangs up. The clincher at the end of Money was effective - especially since Kev didn't take the money either. I think I liked "Flesh Wound" the best - a very nice display of Alfred's sweet-natured, dignified way of caring.
SaJi chapter 21 . 9/8/2008
I wuffles all of these. *snugglz fikkies* So, so much.
Harm Marie chapter 15 . 6/20/2008
I think that the first one is my favorite. They were all good, but the ficlet about bad weather made a memorable first impression.
Bookwrm17 chapter 15 . 3/22/2006
I really enjoyed reading these. You are a truely fantastic writer, and I don't give that compliment lightly. Your portrayal of the characters is so dead-on, so believable, that they come alive. I can't wait to see what else you have in store.
Delia Ra'Nar chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
Hey there! I was rereading this and felt a need to review, so here I am!

I love this one, partially because I live in Texas, and spend most of the year wishing it were raining. (I love rainy days...*sigh*)

This part made me smile, albeit sadly:

"He's old, old enough to have remembered Bruce's father and old enough to find Bruce lacking.

Bruce smiles his most vacant, charming smile and knows that whatever good will he may have garnered for putting Fox in charge is being squandered. "Sorry," he says.

He doesn't give a reason for his distraction. He's sure they'll be able to come up with one on their own."- poor Bruce. I know that it's important to his facade, but I sometimes wish that

everyone could see how smart and stuff he is. Even if they all got their memories erased right after (this kind of thing always seems to be 'conveniently' happening around superheroes) just so, in that one moment, they'd all feel bad and dumb for being tricked.(- hmm... bit of a tangent, my apologies if I board you.)

It was also kind of sad to see Bruce beginning to draw away from everything, especially from Alfred :(

I enjoyed the patrol bits as well. They said so little, yet conveyed so much, especially about Bruce/Bats state of mind.

Please, please, please write more soon! (please?)

Ever,

Delia Ra'Nar
blind4seer chapter 2 . 1/23/2006
"Rachel missed Bruce in the same way she missed finger painting and monkey bars..."

A lovely image.
Wyndmir chapter 14 . 1/15/2006
Fantastic as usual. I especially enjoyed the toil of the mountain intercutting with his time with Ducard.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »