Reviews for The Kat's eye amulet
Dizzy Crue chapter 14 . 12/11/2011
The thing I liked most about your story is the brilliant progression of events, with timeout and character placement, etc. I was worried where the direction was going with the whole dinosaur era thing, but you managed to get back on track, and the Pastmaster certainly wouldn't have sent them to Queen Callista's time on propose. I especially liked the building relationship between Felina and T-bone, with them not in love but still trust each other.

I had a hard time wrapping my head around the final argument between Chance and Feral, but I get Feral's argument. He has a point. I also had a hard time with the action scenes, they were a bit unclear, and with the balance between narration surrounding the scenery being very strong at times, but poor in others, the total narration of the place where the future cathedral sat versus the description given about the staircase that the team used to try to get the jump on the Pastmaster at said Cathedral. I also recommend a Beta to help clear up typos. (I'm available!)

Over all(on my three biggest peeves: Writing Quality, Whether or not it Remained Inside the Show's Boundaries, and Over all Enjoyment) I give you 3.5, 4(you kept the character spot on, though Callie did cry a bit much in my opinion, and the show would never be as graphic as your story was(it was a kids show!), not that it was very), and 4.5 stars, Spider Missles, magic pendants, whatever you want to call it, which enough for me to fav it and hope for another sequel!
Iceasfire chapter 14 . 3/21/2009
Its not often that I find a fan fiction that I really like. I could look over 50 or so and maybe find one that is truly good. Your work would be that one. I am quiet interested to see more writing from you. Ive noticed that we have very similar writing styles and would like to exchange ideas with one another. And as a writer myself I would like to make a few suggestions. One is that you check over your grammar and spelling a little more (its the bane of my existence too-I'm a crappy speller x.X). Another is that you put some sort of spacing between different segments (Ex.- * * *). Its a little jarring to jump from say a conversation between Jake and Chance to something at enforcer headquarters. Your occasional in-text notes, while occasionally funny (smithereens-I love it too ) break the mood of the story. Oh and please don't take any of this negatively, I just want to make helpful suggestions. Another thing I would like to see is more detail to environmental descriptions. Several times I was somewhat mentally confused as to the surroundings. And other than the slight lapses in characterization Ive got nothing really to point out. that the unpleasantrys are over I can now speak freely as a fan of yours...Your stories really rock and I look froward to hearing more! Swat Kats Rule! Yeah!
Black Oracle chapter 14 . 3/3/2009
What an addictive read! You certainly seem to have found your comfort zone in writing style in this second fic of yours Etherweil! You're a wonderfully rich and descriptive writer. It's so great to read about the subtle movements and body postures and language of characters as well as their dialogue when portraying their thoughts and emotions. And you set evocative dark moods in particular settings best.

As well as your rich style of writing, i commend you on setting up sufficent plot and character tensions from beginning toward the end of the story. Jake's reluctance to engage with Callie was a great way to hook readers into his personal emotional dilemna, and it seems like quite a realistic portrayal of relationships that don't always progress smoothly from the start. It was even more more nail-biting for me as a reader when Callie apparently was romantically taken by the new Lt. Paul Cummings. I felt so bad for Jake then! What also might have been interesting is if Callie's new potential suitor hadn't been inherently bad in any real way, but in the end Callie would realize that she wanted to be with Razor more than him. But Razor/Jake still was always Callie's knight in shining armour!

Feral, Felina and the Enforcers' alliance with the Swat Kats again seemed to be more 'let's get down to business' this time round. Less of the heated squabbles between Feral and the SKs this time, which was a good slight change to make in their interactions. The last story seemed to involve more arguments and humour between the SKs and the Enforcers; this time round they all acted more serious and organised. An important slight change in the nature of their teamwork.

Also, it was nice to bring Abi Sinian into the action too. I find myself liking her alot more now after reading your portrayal of her. And also Queen Callista seemed to be an even more stronger and knowledgeable character here.

I must say i get a bit of a Lord of the Rings feel from this story (which is not a bad thing!). The amulet reminds me of the one ring and Pagane reminds me a little of Sauron!

And i also really liked how you brought T-Bone and Felina together without diminishing Felina's strong personality and making her suddenly too over-feminine, which i was initally a little worried might happen. T-bone and Felina really seem like a good tough personality match! I adored the way in which Felina asks T-bone out: by writing it on a speeding ticket! Brilliant! Way to go girl!

Will be reading your 3rd fic for sure!
Cody Furlong chapter 14 . 10/19/2008
This is a masterpiece, a perfect sequel to your first one!I loved the Star Wars reference and I definitely think that Chance would be sore after all the falling and hitting things he did.

About the only thing I would've liked to see different would be Jake's recovery. Chance and Jake are brothers to each other and I don't think that Chance would have so readily left Jake's side at the Professor's.
Artemis's Arrow chapter 11 . 6/7/2007
God, I love your writing.

It's so intense and wordy.
Artemis's Arrow chapter 9 . 6/7/2007
ACH! It's Feral isn't it, oh god...
Artemis's Arrow chapter 5 . 6/6/2007
OMG! Where's Callie...
Katie chapter 14 . 5/6/2007
This was a very good story! I'm glad that I can across it! I can't hel but be nervous now of the number of people that know who the SWAT Kats really are. Well, at least Feral tried to make peace with Chance. Anyway, this was a good read!
ulyferal chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
I really love your stories. You inspired me to finally start submitting my own. Keep up the great work.
Crystalfox2 chapter 14 . 7/2/2006
No! The story's over! I can't wait for the next one! Sorry I didn't review your past few chapters, I went AWOL from for a while. Anyway, awesome story! I hope you'll be posting the next story soon!
Miki-chanmo chapter 14 . 6/28/2006
This was an EXCELLENT story! Bravo! Bravo! I can't wait for the next story and for the fight between Feral and Chance! Now don't leave us in the dark for a year, trying to post the next story! Until next time!

Alpha Kev chapter 14 . 6/28/2006
Damn it all! I hate that troll! He's so ... like a cockroach. A pardon my language to you all whom are reading this. It seems that no matter which fanfic I read, that troll always gets away. He's worser than Dark Kat! I loved the story but please, tone down the near death, blood puddling scenes. Good luck on your third one.
Alpha Kev chapter 13 . 6/28/2006
Hey there! It's annoying me again! As usual, great job so far. I'm luvin it. Interesting turn of events. How Razor out of rage overwhelmed Pagane. Just goes to show how deep anger can get. Congrades on your 88th review. I hope you'll write another SWAT Kat story when you have time. Keep up with the good work.
JC chapter 14 . 6/28/2006
man i'm gonna miss this fic, but i'm so happy tat ur making story #3. cant wait 4 tat 1!
coldfiredragon chapter 14 . 6/28/2006
*loud applause* I love your fiction have I told you that before? Hehe, I love that the fic ended with both our boys getting some. Great job. Can't wait for fic 3. I hope it comes soon.