Reviews for Thousandfurs
ohiowriter chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
I had a hard time leaving my computer this morning to go to school. I was almost late, and when I got there I went and got on another computer to finish the chapter. It was just that good.
Fire Mistress chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
Wonderful first chapter. Poor Kagome, being forced to marry her own father. That is so sick. Shoot, if I was forced to marry my father I would of done the same thing she's about to do. Run away.

Pretty good start, very original. Really haven't read the story before but this chapter made me interested in reading the orginal story. I won't ask you to please re-consider the pairings because I know you won't do it, but I'll really appreciate it if you did :D

Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next chapter and the sequel to the Broken Miko.

Good luck with the application!

Ijin chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
You still have time to change this into Sess/Kag, you know _

Although I'll be happy with whatever you write. I wanted

to just read on and on and on, it was so good. I think

maybe the best thing about this chapter was your

characterisation of Sota as a prince royal and heir to

the throne.

Btw, a king (and a queen) is addressed as 'your majesty',

the princes and princesses as 'your highness', dukes as

'your grace' etc... ask me how I know this? - I've been

reading lots of Georgette Heyer in my time _;

You're really talented, and I'm so happy you posted

Thousandfurs.

Good luck with your law school application, chica!
Hollie Daye chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
GREAT first chapter!

I'm a little familiar with this tale, and I'm glad you didn't alter the incest angle of the original fairytale (even if I had quite the "ick" fest in my mind while I read the lead-up to the king's big decision).

Pacing is spot-on. The story flows comfortably. Good description-you have a knack for providing just the right amount so it doesn't weigh down the action or the characters. You're a very comfortable writer; a level of confidence always shines through in your stories, like you are in complete control.

The only place I felt hung up was when you introduced the Artifacts. It was the only place where the exposition seemed stunted and forced. (although, in the same breath, I like that you've incorporated that element of the Inuyasha tale into the story)

And, most importantly, you've engaged me enough so that i want to read more. Again, I'm familiar with the fairytale, but I want to see how you use and change it.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with your law school application! _~
Insane-and-Psycho chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Yes! It is I... I'm just too lazy to sign in and make this review that much cooler.

Anywho... I love the beginning. I'm pretty sure I've actually read the fairy tale before, but I'm not sure where or when. It was a long time ago, probably third grade. M... I liked it back then, so that's okay.

But I really do like it. Although the creepiness of Kagome's... "Fiancee" really creeps me out. Really. Although I'm sure that's only natural.
RhiannonoftheMoon chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Oh boy! I've been looking forward to this story since you finished the last one. I usually don't read AU, but since you are writing it, I know it will be good, as demonstrated by this phenominal first chapter.

Keep up the excellent work!
1,281 | « Prev Page 1 .. 76 83 84 85 86