Reviews for Combat!: We Regret to Inform You
Katladycrazy chapter 1 . 9/26
Thank you for a very relevant and moving Combat story.
Katladycrazy chapter 1 . 9/26
SANDI chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
what a tear jerker, great ending
Cl 63 chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
Powerful story. Glad he found comfort in the end.
elflingskitten chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
I owe you an apology, Syl. I skimmed this a long time ago when I didn't have time to appreciate it, to my great loss. I just absolutely love this story, for so many reasons. LOVE it. You are in my top three most favorite Combat! authors, and this is one of the best stories I've ever read.

Normally I would point out or quote my favorite parts but I don't think I can here, it was all so good, but I'll try. I'm all about comfort stories, and am crazy for the Saunders - Hanley friendship. The scene where Saunders was informed of his brother's death and Hanley cared for him is absolutely my most beloved bit in all of C! fic, I think.

This whole thing was so well-crafted. Your knowledge and handling of all things military, especially the weapons is impressive. I loved how you went in-depth with Mueller’s character, made him into a real person whose welfare we could easily care about, only to have him killed, by our hero! The true, terrible nature of war…

I loved the closing scene between Hanley and Saunders (no surprise, there), it was done perfectly. ‘If I tell you, I might have to kill you’. LOL. Just a nice, sweet moment between friends, stolen out of of tragedy and unending horror.

Okay, I’ve already established I talk too much, here and everywhere else, lol. Thank you for this great piece. I wish you still wrote for C!
Hawk chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
Wow, what an amazingly beautiful story! You have a great deal of talent . You made me feel as if I was right there watching. Well done!
Deanne Stevenson chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Riveting story, great ending, excellent characterizations.
GSJessica chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Well, well... I travel over to another TV Show catagory and what should I find but an absolute treasure of a story with the character I've come to know from your Hogan's Heroes' crossover story! This story pulled me through beginning to end, well-written with tremendous depth of feeling, though not over-played nor sappy. Super!
canislupus chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
I'm not going to lie, I skipped over your story when I read the description. I thought it was going to be a Saunder's struggles internally for forty pages and somehow comes to grips in battle. (I tell myself I'm not a fan of drama) That is what you story was and I was pleasently surprised. I've come to the conclusion that I avoid drama because every now and then they get it right. You are one of those few. One of the greatest comforts about death in battle is receiveing that ominous letter form an unknown soldier, since it means he did not die alone.
chituhr chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
Wonderful story. I truly enjoyed it. :)
June chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
I very much enjoyed this story. The intro, where I yelled out loud "NO" and then whispered "what ?" The beautiful way you showed the bonds of friendship which mirror those of family (one of the elements that make the Combat! universe, for me, so compelling). Sergeant Saunders' excruciating internal and external struggles as he fought to stay focused. The release of knowing for sure that Chris had not died alone. And that letter...

This is an incredibly powerful and moving story, one I'll revisit. Thank you.