Reviews for Birdcage
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
I got the chills
Impure Paradise chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
So as I said before, I thought that I would check out one of your pieces of work, and this one really stood out for me. I don't spend a lot of my time reading poetry, but this just captivated me from the very first line. The literal description of Raven having a robin imprisoned inside of her heart while simultaneously indicating that Robin is in her heart (aka, she loves Robin) was absolutely inspired and it had me hooked (and not just because I've been obsessed with Robin/Raven since I watched the first episode of Teen Titans).

"He flaps his wings against my rib cage, but I can't let him fly." This line showed me that she isn't just unwilling to let her affections for Robin go, but that she literally can't imagine not having him there, in her life and in her heart, and I find that one of the most tragically beautiful things about this poem.

"And I wonder how much longer, until my faithful bird, flies off to be with his own kind." Considering she is a part of the Teen Titans gang, and therefore she is a part of his circle of friends, I took this to mean that Robin may have been vying for Starfire, and Raven has taken notice of it and is wondering how long it will be until he makes a move and she will be forced to let him go. I could be wrong on that one, but that's just my brain working too hard to perceive something.

And I have to say, my favourite part of this entire poem has to be; "But when no one is looking, I open my heart, for the briefest of moments, and we're soaring above the earth, and he lands among the trees, to taste the sweet nectar of fruit, and I hesitate to go with him, but always stay behind, to sup on dead flesh, dead feelings I can't let exist, and his song is so sad, like I've broken his spirit."

Oh my Gosh, that, right there is utterly mesmerising. It's like you reached into my chest and just punched my heart, but totally not in a bad way. This is the kind of writing that I've always been interested in, because it's dark and deep and it makes my mind wander off to a new planet and makes me feel something otherworldly. You are a mastermind, and this is art, and it's going right into my favourites so I can read it whenever I'm in the mood to be enthralled.

Amazing work! I love it!

- Allison
bomeukor chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
For the forever that I've known you, it totally blew me away to see one of your fanfics from five years ago :)

I enjoyed this; it was rather cute :3

And yes, it is different to see poetry from you, as for me, I am used to your most recent story -

Well, I left a review. There. :D

bomeukor
Little Miss Novella chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Wow, lovely poem :)
Largely Inconsequential chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
If you are a guy (I've read a few of your fanfics And stuff)

I want to marry you. You said to send 'blah blah blah.. Marriage proposals blah blah blah to Lord Malachite'. :P
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Hey, nice poem! Certainly, I like Robin/Star and BB/Raven better than Robin/Raven, but this is a great job.

Keep the good writing.
R 4 V E N chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
very VERY VERY well written :3 i just adore the whole concept...eh...the metaphore of it, if you will glad I found your poem through random searching! )
twins chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
whats up, that was so BEAUTIFUL (sniffle,sniffle)

we love your poem,it rocks,keep on writing.

sincerely

the twins aka gemmy and genny

RAVENROBINLOVE 4 EVER
infernoflame27 chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
hi. i read yur poem obviously and ithought it was pretty good. i don't have on writer alert so yeah.
Reggie Tuesday chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
how pretty! I love it. I don;t usually read poetry here, but I am kinda glad I decided to read this one _ nice composition and the repetitivity is a very nice touch _
weartheseshorts chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
I never knew you were so good at poetry. :) Wonderful job. Really.

thats me

ahhelga

aka Pauline
Tecna chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
That is so very awesome, I really enjoyed that... calmed my nerves...
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
[...unWARP!]

Good evening.

Thank God for Author Alerts, eh?

Teen Titans has yet to premiere here (though the comic is available), but I did get most of the references. Great poem, Malachite! I wish I could do something even remotely similar (poetry was my worst subject in school, oi...)

I'll see you soon!

¡Zacatepóngolas!

Until next time, remember:

I

AM

THE

J.A.M. (a.k.a. Numbuh i: "Just because I'm imaginary doesn't mean I don't exist")

Good evening.