Reviews for Old Bronze
Queen Boadicea chapter 3 . 10/25/2005
Well, the rating can't be as high as we'd like given that stupid NC-17 ban they instituted. But this was a great early BtVS story with equal emphasis on all the characters and great interaction. Boy, how I missed that.
Queen Boadicea chapter 2 . 10/23/2005
Whew, this is exciting and the motivation behind the theft of the key completely unexpected. The last thing I expected was that it was the act of a lovelorn female. Knowing what we know about Mayor Wilkins, it's difficult to imagine him being involved romantically with anybody, much less someone fixating in that way on him. Great plot twist and I'm sure the plotline of the "whispering" key has a few surprises in store.
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Because of the awfulness of the last years of BtVS, I'd almost forgotten what a joy the first seasons were to watch. The cameraderie, the conversational interplay, the casual weaving of outside characters and the on-target metaphors that abounded in the show were sorely missed by us diehard fans. There always was more to BtVS than inappropriate romances among the younger set. The art aspect of this story leads Joyce convincingly into the storyline although, since she was oblivious to the true nature of Buffy's calling at this point, I don't see her having a great impact on this tale. But then again I trust you to surprise us. :)