Reviews for Ties That Bind
sasha6063 chapter 2 . 10/5/2014
*gasp* ah the cliffhanger what happened next?!
recey2010 chapter 2 . 12/28/2012
Excellent! Please update asap been looking for a good story about Sola
What-Ansketil-Did-Next chapter 2 . 4/11/2011
This is entirely too intriguing and it would be a shame to never see the end. You make Sola so believable. There is little fantasy here - but stark reality she must make her way through, difficult choices and great sacrifices. Bravo.
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 2 . 11/25/2010
I admire your dedication. Most people would have ditched a story that had been sitting untouched fir so long.

How much does Sola know?
Ieyre chapter 2 . 9/7/2010
Ah, the tension mounts. Loved the political wheelings and dealings, and Sola just sort of sitting back and watching it all play out, with more of a personal interest in Vader than anything else. I do hope he takes her up on her offer. Also, did he help her out there with Tarkin, or was that my imagination?
Ieyre chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
I absolutely love the premise of this story...or at least, what I can assume to be the idea behind it (ie Sola trying to appeal to her brother-in-law's better nature and get his help.) It's just so simple (and so brilliant.)

This also gives Sola agency because she knows what's going on. She knows about Leia, Luke, and she KNOWS who Vader once was. She has power, more than everyone else thinks she does. I'm very excited about the inevitable conversation between in-laws...
PrincessSkywalkerOrgana chapter 2 . 9/3/2010
Love it! Add on. I do hope you explain why leia and luke aren't with their Aunt.

I would love to see them have a relationship with her?

I love the feel of the fic which is a very 'fighting the darkness' as well as Sola's attempts to get a grasp on what is going on.

Please add on. Soon!
Emily chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
That was a good story, I like sola. I wish more stories had her in it.
Ziggy Sternenstaub chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
A fascinating, satisfyingly long beginning to what promises to be a long, intrigue-filled story. Your characters are well drawn and satisfyingly realistic, and I love the behind the scenes workings of Bail and Sola, in that not everyone is a hero, or needs to be. Sola is looking after her people, and taking cautionary measures necessary to ensure their safety. Palpatine's interest in keeping his own planet whole and even giving them a certain degree of autonomy is very interesting, because it grants him a degree of humanity that most authors are reluctant to allow him. Vader is very well written, with wonderfully in character dialogue. I am amused by the moment when he said to Tarkin that the Emperor was not as forgiving as he is, because in ROTJ, that apparently had changed, considering that he said the opposite to Jarjarrod The interactions between Tarkin and Vader are fascinating as well, because in ANH they were personal on a level that Vader never was again with officers. In your story, it seems that Tarkin hasn't reached the level of esteem and arrogance yet that he possessed in ANH, which leaves your character Tarkin nicely open for development. I look forward to reading more.
Jokerisdaking chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
A truly great story, im getting the feeling sola knows of the circumstances of ROTS in this story? I always love it when someone uses Sola