Reviews for Dogfighters
Grey Wolf4 chapter 24 . 5/16/2012
This is a great re-telling of Area 88 with a great original character in Paul overall this was well written and the Area 88 characters were quite well depicted. Excellent!
Grey Wolf4 chapter 18 . 5/16/2012
This is great so far and also some nice references to the time in which Area 88 was written and you're right about the Vietnam War in which returning soldiers were really treated like shit! I mean just for fighting for their country? Also drafting proved to have been a bad idea in a variety of ways moral and practical.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 7 . 5/16/2012
This is a good chapter with flashbacks including how Kanzaki took advantage of Shin by getting him drunk and tricking him into signing the contract signing him up for Area 88 to get him killed or out of the way.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 4 . 5/16/2012
So Paul knows Shin, Ryoko and Kanzaki, eh? Me I think of Satoru Kanzaki as being among the villains you love to hate also in the flashback you depicted how Ryoko's dad never suspected Kanzaki's true nature until too little and too late.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 3 . 5/16/2012
Paul seems an interesting character so far and I've been reading up on various armed forces around the world including the Filipino Armed Forces. I heard conflicting opinions on the F-8E Crusader there are those who call it a piece of shit and another called it a very reliable fighter plane.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Good first chapter I also watched the Area 88 anime OVA but also the TV series remake and nice bits of technical info.
Wolfman-053 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
The unknowns are probably SAAB J-35 Drakens. Check Wikipedia for more data. Wolfman, out.
cko2 chapter 24 . 9/22/2011
i just came across this story a couple of weeks ago and just got done reading this story the other night. i have to say it is very good and thanks for writing it. i know some would point werid things to be wrong but there was one very small mistake that i had to point out. i do not remember which chapter it is that micky is sitting and reading a magazine, but you state the name of the zine, you state that he is reading playgirl...which leads to one of two things with this...

one is he is gay and likes looking at nude guys...

or two you meant to mean playboy magazine which might make make more sence.

the story is well written and very much follows the story from area 88 very well. the only thing i have to say that paul seemed just a little bit gary stu, not very over the top but just a little bit though. it was amsuing to add one more person then rocky to the reporters that hit the base. very amuing.
J Lynch chapter 3 . 12/1/2009
Very nice. Rewriting the story with a minimum of alteration, while making the whole thing seem like it was originally like this. Plus adding an ending/ Epilogue. Many thanks
Wolfman chapter 2 . 9/1/2009
I suggest you edit the line about the Skyhawk's engines, as it is a single engine aircraft.
Wolfman chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
You mean AIM-120 AMRAAM, right?
arcadian viera chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
I think I'll get back to reading this after I finish that huge pile of homework on my table xD

On the whole, this looks very interesting (I found the original Area 88 anime a bit boring, despite the action), though I do need to point out that the name "Yeung" certainly doesn't sound Filipino, or even Fil-Chinese. _

Minor griping on my part. xD
KnighteWolfe chapter 12 . 9/19/2007
Umm, the Herc can carry weapons But then it switches from being a C-130 Hercules to an AC-130 Spectre. You also have the the KC-130 prop driven flying gas station.

One more thing, the Herc is the only aircraft which carries the 24,0 lb. M.O.A.B. (Mother Of All Bombs), bunker busting, Fuel-Air Explosive bomb.

KW
KnighteWolfe chapter 10 . 9/19/2007
You forgot: Tiger II is twin-engined, not single-engined.

The Tigershark (F-20A/F-5G) is the single-engined member of that family.

KW
Bloo-96 chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Very good story, I haven’t seen any of the area 88 eps yet or the mangas, but I really want to, especially now!

Keep up the good work!