Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Legacy of Darkness
PaulontheBrave chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Are you continuing this
A Morning Star chapter 5 . 6/5/2009
All of the italics or flashbacks gets really confusing.

But otherwise good, I wish I'd read more of Link, though.
A Morning Star chapter 1 . 6/5/2009

I hope Link is still a BA, though.
Nightgazer333 chapter 12 . 3/25/2009
Wulfenbach chapter 12 . 7/16/2008
pretty damn good hope to see more
RedWolf23 chapter 12 . 3/14/2008
Zelda Castlevania AWESOME! Crazy awesome, as a matter of fact. I'm putting this on my review alerts, if you don't mind. I love both games a ton. A funny affect, however, is thinking, "They missed the roast beef and chicken in the _!" Please update, this rules.
MOVEDTODA- Sono KOJ Manymasks chapter 12 . 1/5/2008
Yay! You're back!

Once again great chapter. Keep up the good work!
Megalamer chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
Enjoyable as always. Looking foward to the next chapter, which will be available soon, I hope. :)
Shadow Rave chapter 12 . 12/31/2007
Oh wow. It's great hearing from you again. I'm surprised and delighted.

*grins* I may just have to read the story again to get back into the plot but so far it looks quite good. Looking forward to more character development next chapter. I just can't get enough of Link and Carrie.

You made my day today, seeing a story as good as this get updated.

Tickles me pink...

Thanks again. Great job.
victor-cardigan chapter 9 . 9/17/2007
Finally got around to reading this chapter.

An excellent continuation. I enjoyed your depiction of the Forest of Silence. I thought it was interesting how you emphasized the rumbling sound in the game which would follow after throwing a lever and interpretated it as mini-quakes in your story. That was a cool detail.

I've also enjoyed how you incorporated snippets of dialogue from the game, specifically Carrie's words as she stands before the drawbridge; and I believe I caught a bit of the Cornell's epilogue in the teaser at the end.
Akia Starfrost chapter 11 . 7/24/2007
This is definitely one of the best fanfics I've read in a long time. I think the story concept is fascinating, and you've done a wonderful job of making it a believable crossover. Your characterization is excellent; although granted, I don't know Castlevania quite as well, I absolutely love how you do Link. It's very close in line with the manga version, and it's just how I've always imagined him to be while playing through the games as well. Which is fantastic, since he's one of my all-time favorite characters. _

While of course I feel bad for his predicament in the story, it's a great hook to keep people reading. The way you handle his moods, thoughts, and, shall we say, progression into a vampire is excellent. I imagine it must be tricky, since nothing in the Zelda games really approaches the dark, oppressive mood of Castlevania. I love how you handle it.

I also very much like the character interaction, especially between Link and Carrie. (Thank GOD you didn't have them immediately fall in love or something. That's the downfall of many a fanfic.) You're doing an excellent job of building a slow, tentative friendship between them - after all, especially given the circumstances, those things do take time. It lays a good foundation for whatever you choose to do with them in the future.

I think your narrative style flows very nicely, and your use of description is also very well done. You're very good at working in just enough description without being overbearing, although there are a few places where I feel you could have gone a little bit farther. Overall, you're great at creating and maintaining atmosphere within the story, and that's not an easy thing to accomplish. Link's solitary walk through The Forest of Silence in one of the earlier chapters especially sticks in my mind, and this latest chapter about the Villa has been striking as well.

You do seem to have a few editing problems: the occasional malapropism, and several places where it looks like you changed how you wanted to phrase something midway through. Still much better than the average fanfic, and they don't particularly interfere with the story's flow, so nothing to worry about too much.

I apologize for how lengthy this review has gotten, but I really love your story and there's just so much I want to say about it! I'll conclude, though, by simply begging you to please continue soon before I go insane from curiosity. _~

Oh, and as a quick side note - you should check out the song "Dance with the Devil" by Breaking Benjamin. I think the sound and lyrics both fit pretty well with the mood and theme of the story.
MOVEDTODA- Sono KOJ Manymasks chapter 11 . 6/27/2007
Yay you're alive!

What can I say other than it's great, keep 'em this long, and update soon.

I wonder how the other will react to the whole Link being from another world thing?
Shadow Rave chapter 11 . 6/26/2007
And so Carrie finds out about Link's curse...

Hey! It's been awhile... How's it going?

I'm reminded time and again how much I like this story. I'm glad I got to read another chapter. I'd thought I'd seen the last of you.

Glad I was wrong.

Anyway this is some amazing work. Even if the crossover doesn't draw a lot of fan base, I think those guys are missing out. Great work! Keep it up.
ntfoemy chapter 11 . 6/26/2007
hay, great story you got here. I had some trouble at the beginning keeping up with the timetable but I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm just wondering if the Fierce Deity Mask might make a appearance. I know that I would love to see Fierce Deity Link fight Dracula.
Hunter of Darkness chapter 11 . 6/26/2007
You've got a good story going! I love both The Legend of Zelda and Castlevania games so it's the perfect combo.