Reviews for Into Our World: Reality's Orphans
Asukacha07 chapter 9 . 12/18/2016
Man, I'm a die hard Sam/Daniel shipper but this fic was hard to read! Beautifully emotional, but really, poor Jack!
I think this is the 5th of your fics that I read, in a row, and there's something about how you treat your Jacks...I hate the way he never cleared things with Sam in the show but he was a great character on his own, a great leader and a great friend to Teal'c and Daniel (most of the time).
So, why all the not-so-subtle hate? It's not a remark, I'm trying to understand why Jack had to be an obstacle to Sam and Daniel's happiness in all the fics I've read so far. Fics that could be sweet SD have this anti-Jack bitter after taste. It's very possible that around the time you wrote these fics you got some unpleasant interaction with SJ die hard shippers, you have multiple warnings of "not SJ" in clearly SD fics.
Anyhow. Amazing read, you did outstanding jobs at the world-building and characterisation for the alternate Jackson family, and damn if it didn't make a thousand times more sense than any flimsy background on alternate lives of Sam and Jack as a couple we got on the show.
I'll keep reading your fics because 1) they look all complete. It is so rare for such a prolific and skilled author like you - maybe you originally posted somewhere else, but I'm counting my blessings. It's sad enough that I'm catching up with them over 10 years later; 2) Your SD have passion. I'm not asking for M-rated fics but the sweet brotherly love that I read sometimes make me wanna stop reading midchapter; 3) You're faithful to canon. Even with that AU I've read, you describe the exact same characters I watched on TV for a decade. There's no ooc, you just put them in different contexts than the show did. Omg I do hate that you didn't tweak Sam even a bit. Her indecisiveness about her life life drives me nuts; and 4) You're just so damn good ok? I'd probably read your fics even if they were SJ-centric. I promise that I would.
Thank you for sharing!
Jes17 chapter 9 . 3/4/2010
Cool, 'cept for the lame generic end to the triangle.
Dreamer22 chapter 9 . 9/25/2007
very well done, I like that you re-use original characters such as Antoinette from Cracker Barrel. I also notices that you tend to give Jack diseases, Cancer, and now Parkinsons. like I said, very well done, the only thing I'm still left wondering is why the alternate Sam was called Mandy
Dreamer22 chapter 4 . 9/25/2007
very sad, you made me cry, but well done. now with my luck you will answer this in chapter 5...but why is Sam called Mandy?
Dreamer22 chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
or I could just read the next chapter :-p yay back story!
Dreamer22 chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
interesting so far, but I'm a little confused on the back story or where the kids came from and how they are Daniels and maybe Sam's...
booster-t chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
I really like the interactions .. and Mitch is so cute ... typical 8 year old ... but obviously I am missing something. Is THIS the sequel? Where did the kids come from? Where is the first story?
drgemini24 chapter 9 . 6/27/2007
I've read this literally hundreds of times but I keep forgetting to review (ok, granted the first dozen or so it was on your Geocities...), which is pretty bad... sorry.

I loved everything about this. In fact, with all of yours stories, there isn't anything that I don't like. They're brilliant. I like how you dealt with Daniel and the children, and how he bonds with them what with being their father and not being their father at the same time. Not only that, but the glimpse of how each action has repercussions, how small events can have huge consequences, e.g. Claire Jackson surviving the accident instead of dying with Melburn. It's intriguing how the other Daniel was so different because of that, and how the other Sam was so different, 'Earth mother' lol.

Mitch... man, Mitch was funny. It was like a little grown-up Daniel wandering about.

The tension of sorts between Mary Claire and Cam was interesting. He'll more than likely make a go of things with Carolyn, but I can imagine her being in the background... the poor thing.

I loved Cam's reasoning behind inviting 'hell and half of Georgia' to Mitch's birthday party. I like his strengthened bond with Daniel because of Dan, and how he's close to the children.

I like how you dealt with Sam and Jack. Not being a fan of that much loved 'ship, I immediately identified with the portrayal of their relationship being a little above a physical thing. Those two are just plain incompatible. He's a great guy but he'd never make her truly happy.

Ooh, speaking of Jack, I like his bond with Jake... and then Daniel's strengthening bond with the young man after Jake realises that all he had to do was ask instead of rebelling.

Poor Sam, having to deal with Jack's secret as well as her growing attraction to Daniel and wanting to be the mother to the children. Jack rather unfairly put that on her, and it's a shame that he couldn't confide in Daniel about the condition.

The ending was brilliant. Typical, typical Jack. lol.

Wonderful, as always, naturellement,

: )

PS: it's ok - you don't have to reply... I just thought I'd let you know what I thought about your fic : D
Transgenic-girl chapter 9 . 3/17/2007
The note from Jack was very...Jack-ish. To the point and not dealing with messy emotions.
tinatwin chapter 9 . 11/3/2005
Please tell me that's not the end!, What up with Jack,or did I miss that bit!
eddy6401 chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
this is so good! im so glad that Sam and Daniel finaly have that green light. i can't wait for what comes next!
Aleja21 chapter 9 . 11/2/2005
This is a great final chapter. I hope do a sequel cause I'd love to see what happenes with this family. Also the part between Mary Clare and Cam was written really well.

aleja
Innogen chapter 9 . 11/2/2005
Oh my gosh! That ending! It just was so...

Everything left me wanting more. I want to want more about Marie Claire and how things might go with Cam as she grows up, goes to college, becomes a well-rounded person...and then he becomes interested in her and has to get around Daniel to try to date her.

I want to know what happens to Jack. He has been depressed for so long. He doesn't go off world. What if there is a cure for him, at least because he has the ancient gene?

And why do I have the feeling Jake knows about Jack's diagnoses? Did the other reality Jack get the same diagnoses? What if the diagnoses is false, a side effect from too many ancient downloads or trips through the gate, or torture sessions with Ba'al-that HAS to cause some kind of nerve damage, right?

What about the hand-held healing devices. Jake can probably operate one since he's lived on Abydos for so long, and Naquidah would be a naturally high concentration in his blood-since Abydos is basically a big Naquidah rock.

This is a wonderful story. I am so worried about Jack's character. I hope he is still around. The Universe would miss him.

Yes, yes, I know this is not RL. You do your suspension of disbelief really well.

Congratulations!

And Keep Writing!

~Innogen
tixylix chapter 9 . 11/2/2005
oh crap does this mean i have to learn to cook?

cos im telling you my catering company would crash and burn

lovely story sweet ending

that other love triangles not resolved so im going to have to say

*deep breath*

"..."

*huf*

"SEQUEL!"

*SIGH* too dramatic?
Aleja21 chapter 8 . 10/31/2005
another excellent chapter! Way to go, keep up the great work.

aleja