Reviews for Black Market Beagles
magdilen chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
Funny. Good job.
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
Having once owned a beagle, I really enjoyed this story. Very cute, and heart-warming. I've a feeling if given half a chance, Mal would have one of those dogs himself ... but this was a great read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nicely done.
ProfessorSpork chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Aw, cute!

Bah, stupid Simon's a cat person, isn't he? Bah, I say. Humbug and bah. Oh well, I suppose I can forgive him the one flaw.
qwanderer chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
Yay, fun story.

Sadly, I believe that the Black-Market-Beagle crack on the part of Wash was not so random. See, Chinese culture is fairly dominant in this 'verse, and...well...they'd probably be smuggling the beagles for roughly the same purpose as the cows. Remember in Serenity part 1 where there's this sign in the marketplace that says Good Dogs right over this grill of sizzling meat? ...Yeah. Although this might also be a reason. But reactions would probably differ. Poor Kaylee...if they were smuggling Good Dogs, she might mutiny.
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Fun and sweet story. I love your characterizations. And my reviews repeat themselves. Thanks for sharing!
mercurybard chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
The bit with River "baying" in the cargo bay at three in the morning was spot on. She was in character, Mal was in character...heck, the beagles were in character. A very nicely done scene.

"Top three percent of my class. What am I now? Nursemaid to a bunch of black-market Beagles,"

Stop griping, Simon, the dogs are cute.

Poor Mal, it may be his ship, but he just can't win. I'm surprised he didn't make a complaint about the droppings, even if they are smallish.
Nando the RPS King chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
Heh, good stuff. This fic was a lot of fun to read.
Drink Sparky Cola chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Heh heh heh.. cute plot bunny you've got there. Woulda been hilarious to see something akin to this actually happen down the line. Kaylee and Mal were perfectly in character. I could honestly picture them both acting that way, Kaylee asking to keep one and all.

I made a shirt to wear to Serenity when I went and saw it for the first time based on this line. The design was kind of a plot bunny of my own, in another form, of course. Here's a picture of it: .
Snarky Loki chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Love it more than words can say. You did it just perfect.
milady dragon chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
That was just plain cute! I really liked the end; you're right, no one likes it when Kaylee is sad... :)
momin8r chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
this was such a cute story! loved it! thanks a bunch!
lostinlove chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
I like this story it was litehearted and upbeat. It also kept the characters in char. This story was a bright spot in my mornning.
Pinkypop22 chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
Oh my god this was awsome!

As i read this I could picture it all happening.

My Favorite part had to be River sitting with the dogs in the cargo hold. After reading that I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

Thank you for making my day.