Reviews for Recoil
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 7/28
I love the way you show care and intuition flowing between Sam and Dean.
Slightlyobsessed22 chapter 1 . 6/27/2015
Love it. Really helps play into the whole 'dad gave me a shot gun when I was afraid of the monster in my closet.'
hpsupernaturalfan chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Good Story!
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
HA, I knew there was a monster in the closet!
Tuppence chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Oh good gravy, for a second, I thought it was just an ordinary dog that Sam had killed. Now how would that be for traumatising?

Great story. I love how much non-verbal understanding there is between all three of them, even if John is less vocal and visual about it all. Great one shot.

~ Tuppence ~
zookitty chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
aw that was adorable and awesome!
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
Gosh, I just love Wee!Chester stories. Who would have thought that Sam would really have a monster in his closet? Dean and John are just wonderful here, playing their roles of protective brother and father perfectly. I liked how Dean was able to sense Sam's fear, even when he wasn't physically with Sam. Great job!
Little Miss Bump chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Aaw, that was a great story! Dean is such a good big brother, and I love the way that you made it out that he could feel Sammy's fear even before the scream. Poor Sammy, a real monster in his closet. How unpleasant.

Short, sweet and with enough action to keep me reading every word. Well done, my friend, I wonderful story.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Well written piece. I'd never thought about it but I think that you are right that Dean hates the dark. The part about this taking him back to the night of the fire is great. I like this:

The only reason Dean knows about families like that is because he watches TV.

And this:

but Dean knows the secret pocket where his brother hides fear

This is an old gem and I'm glad I came across it :)
MsHellFire2005 chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
LOL. I love it. I could not have come up with a better fic for that line . Perfect.
angel679 chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Okay Dean has "feelings" we all know that and they are damn reliable too. Great stroy I really liked it was this a play on the part in the pilot about the monster and dad gave me a gun talk. If it is you pulled an ambiguious statement and did a very good stroy too it.
Janiqua chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Really really really really really good! You're good at this kind of thing, you know that? I like how you put in the line: "Take your brother outside as fast as you can!" I'm sure those words play over in Dean's mind everyday. Good job!
astalder27 chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Aww! I love it, great job!
Rosadina chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
I reread this story 3 times consecutively. It was absolutely wonderful! I loved John's utter pragmatism and just the way that the whole family dealt with the monster in the closet. The whole bagged a monster line seemed a great way to deal with Sammy's oncoming shock/hysteria. Overall it was an awesome piece of work. It's going in my c2 and you're going on my author alerts.
Mystiksnake chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Interesting.

That was a very insightful look into

Sammy's life as a child.