Reviews for Book's Legacy
madbrad chapter 14 . 9/6/2010
Oh boy, you can't stop there!

More please! :-)
madbrad chapter 13 . 9/6/2010
Okay, I'm really looking forward to that talk.

I don't know anything about the Fray thing - was that the comic book?

So Mal's thinking that River is a bona fide activated Slayer, "no Potential about her". That makes sense. I guess it was my assuming that her activation could be a big climax of this story that mainly drove me to wonder if she was still but a Potential.
madbrad chapter 12 . 9/5/2010
So it *is* the Scythe! Got one right.

This is an excellent story; you're really teasing out the plot, little by little, as you let things unwind with these short chapters. The occasional quotes from Buffy have quite a lot of bite, coming along to interrupt the Firefly universe. "... contrary to popular mythology, it did not being as a paradise ...". Great stuff.

I fear I'll get to the end of what you've written shortly and be left hanging. Is River activated or not? Surely the Scythe means she isn't? Is Mal going to become a watcher?
madbrad chapter 11 . 9/5/2010
That can't be the Scythe, can it? That will somehow activate River? But is she already activated, is that why she was such an effective Slayer-level fighter in the film? Questions, questions!
madbrad chapter 8 . 9/2/2010
If I was Mal I'd push real hard for Inara to level with her adoring Kaylee and tell her the truth. Mind you, that would be a thorn in the Captain's own relationship with the Companion.

You're making River out to be quite the full-fledged telepath, with a clarity I don't recall from the canon; it wasn't that easy for her to pick up on thoughts, with such regularity, back then, was it? And that's not a Slayer ability either, so I guess her 'Reader' skills remain as something purely rooted in the Firefly universe.
madbrad chapter 7 . 9/2/2010
Inara's secret was a surprise. I guess that's going to keep the relationship between her and Mal simmering, stopping it from finally hitting boiling point.

I really like the Slayer connection to River; it's so obvious once you established the link. She's still just a Potential, right? Which confuses me; I've forgotten most of the last season of Buffy, but I thought that Potentials didn't have any extraordinary fighting prowess. Like River had in the movie. So I'm still wondering if she was activated during the course of the film. Keen to see if you provide more clues further along the way!
madbrad chapter 3 . 9/1/2010
Oh, wow, that "Into every generation ..." preamble had quite a kick, a big surprise! I didn't know that this story of yours, also, was a tie-in to the Buffy universe.

Wow. So Book was a Watcher? Fascinating how you've got the passage of time altering the myth of the Slayer, how Book's people thought that 'vampires' and 'demons' were euphemisms for human terrorists.

And I'm curious about the recent 'resources' that have been 'made available' that will activate a potential Slayer. They couldn't do that back in Buffy's day, could they? Not until the mass activation via Willow's magic.

I guess Summer is a/the Slayer. And she's been activated already?
Arwen Lune chapter 14 . 8/21/2010
I'm so thrilled that you're continuing this story!
Bobboky chapter 14 . 8/20/2010
good
IAmTheBadWolf315 chapter 14 . 8/18/2010
Wow, uber quick update! Great chappy; seems like things are getting pretty intense quickly, can't wait to read more :)
Asuka Kureru chapter 14 . 8/16/2010
bwee! I'm so glad to see this fic get updated again. I love your Mal voice, and his interaction with Inara was aww. Now I'm all OMG WHAT HAPPENED about the end of this chapter. Did they kill their parents and raze their house to the ground or what? and in case that's not all of Mal's bad feeling was about, what else can possibly go wrong? Ahh I have to knoow how it turns ouut. :flail flail:
ArmoredSoul chapter 14 . 8/16/2010
Mmmmmkay.

That last realization got me gaping like a fish out of water.

Never thought of that...
GeshronTyler chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
Crap, I hadn't considered how wide a net the operative might have cast either, during the events of the BDM. There's a still a chance (a small one, maybe) that the Tams, and other crew families were incarcerated, instead of liquidated, on the theory that close kin at may be more usefull as leverage/bait. It sure would make for complications, but where there's life, there's still hope... Unfortunately, the fact that the Alliance (or the "Watcher" faction) hasn't tried dangling the bait, could well mean there isn't any. I hope your aren't going to put Kaylee through that, and I'd hate to see how it would hit Jayne.

Agghh, now you've got me on tenterhooks.

Thanks, read you next time.
Kaylee Tam chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
D8

CLIFFHANGER!
Callmesalticidae chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
Wo de tian, a, indeed...

This is taking a horrisad turn for the worse. Of course, I should have expected such from a synthesis of two Whedon universes...
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »