Reviews for Book's Legacy
IAmTheBadWolf315 chapter 13 . 8/9/2010
As always, an excellent chapter. I only hope that you put up the next one a bit sooner than this update...then again, the wait was well worth it!
GeshronTyler chapter 13 . 8/9/2010
For me, this xover is a bit of a stretch, but intriguing all the same. I do like the idea of River as a Slayer, and Mal becoming her Watcher. _ I'm looking forward to River's meeting her parents, and to see if it ends for good or ill. Or somewhere inbetween.

Thanks, read you next time.
James888 chapter 12 . 5/4/2010
That was very good. Don't leave us hanging just when you got to the good part. I really like to see where you take it from here.
Sarah chapter 12 . 4/24/2010
Hey so I know that it's been a long while since you last updated this story but it's really good and if you have anymore ideas I think you should consider finishing it...I would love to read more )
bob0045 chapter 12 . 3/3/2010
Damn, this was just getting really interesting and then it stopped. Did you finish this somewhere else?
Callmesalticidae chapter 12 . 12/23/2009
And ye just gotta end it there, eh?

Goodfic is good, as with all your stories what I've read, although the lack of recent updates makes me sad, I'll admit.

alwaus1

robert mason
Rhyolight04 chapter 12 . 11/1/2009
That was so good. Thanks. Makes as much sense as anything. Wonderful characterization.
Anonymized Artichoke chapter 12 . 10/18/2009
The voice, the dialogue, the seamless integration of the mythologies - I salute you and will keep reading.
Namiko-kii chapter 12 . 9/12/2009
An excellent crossover.

I eagerly await the next update.
Sean Mulligan chapter 12 . 8/15/2009
Please update this. I can hardly wait to see what Book's reaction to the truth was.
IAmTheBadWolf315 chapter 12 . 7/26/2009
WOW, that is really all I can say, this fic is AMAZING! You have taken my favorite to shows and blanded them together in a way that makes perfect sense; i love it! The meantions of Buffy as well as Fray are fun, but you have made this a fic that can stand alone without much knowledge needed of the Buffyverse. I can not wait to read more! I love the idea of Inara as a spy...and I LOVE the mal/river interaction. Please please please update soon!
Fallen Darkness chapter 12 . 7/23/2009
Ooh! This is good. I hope you finish it someday. I liked the inclusion of Fray.
garrycooper101 chapter 12 . 7/7/2009
Great, this is the best story I have read about Firefly and Buffy TVS. More Please!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 12 . 5/29/2009
Wow.

VERY nice bit of work here, to say the least.

Book’s past as a member of the descendant Watcher’s Council is BRILLIANTLY explored, looking at how their old purpose has been lost with the loss of Earth-That-Was- thus taking away ANY evidence of demons out of their hands- and leaving them regarding the Slayer as more of an ‘anti-terrorist’ weapon rather than her more holy purpose, and as for Inara...

Another interesting touch, to say the least; does her ‘branch’ of the Council have any links to Book’s branch, or did they both part ways before departing Earth (You know, like Book’s a member of the group who followed Travers’ method and view of things while Inara’s seemingly more essentially benevolent group- they more appear to just be ‘keeping an eye’ on the situation without taking actions to preserve or alter the status quo themselves at present- are ‘descended’ from the Council established by the Scoobies)?

And as for the insight into Book’s pre-‘awakening’ (Until we know WHAT caused him to go from this to the man we saw I’ll call it ‘awakening’ for lack of anything better) personality as he takes kids away from their families...

Just as Mal thought, some TRULY disturbing stuff; it reaches a point where it becomes too easy to think of people as expendable with a world view like that (Particularly when he read the bit about Book being at Zoe’s birth; a slight fluke of genetics and Mal could have lost his closest friend before he even met her)

Plus, of course, mustn’t forget River’s ‘moments’, such as when she makes that comment about Slayers and Inara as a Watcher, or her recovering Mal’s crucifix...

An example of her stripped amygdala heightening her Slayer-senses, perchance?

To say nothing of the introduction of the Scythe to the equation, of course; something tells me what Book read in those diaries was the reason for his ‘awakening’ (Although I have to wonder how they came to be here now; the length of time since the Migration suggests that Spike or Angel might be involved as the only people who might be able to live that long in those conditions and want to HELP humanity, but I’m open to options).

Whatever the case, you REALLY need to keep up the good work with this story; I can’t WAIT to see where it’s going to go from here!
EmberQuill chapter 12 . 5/25/2009
I really hope this story wasn't abandoned. There's so few Firefly/BtVS crossovers on this site, and even fewer good ones. I love how you're bringing the Slayer mythology together with the Firefly 'verse. It's rather inspired.
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »