Reviews for Book's Legacy
Whyhow chapter 11 . 4/15/2015
I like the unobtrusiveness of the crossover: it's there and a plot element, but nothing more, and not many authors can pull that off.
madbrad chapter 11 . 9/5/2010
That can't be the Scythe, can it? That will somehow activate River? But is she already activated, is that why she was such an effective Slayer-level fighter in the film? Questions, questions!
cyborg02 chapter 11 . 3/8/2008
cool.
ArmoredSoul chapter 11 . 1/17/2008
O.o

Like I said before.

CREEPY.

*huddles against Prowl*

Prowl: If you're so scared of it, why do you keep reading?

Me: Cause it's really well written and I want to see what happens next.

Prowl: *face/palm* I'm never going to understand you, am I.

Me: Nope.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 11 . 12/31/2007
I honestly don't know what to say here, Jedi Buttercup...you have boatloads of utterly superb ideas in your author profile, most of them completed and there to shine away merrily. But this? This is something in need of more! More chapters and ideas and presumably more Mal/River...been almost a year since Chapter 10 was posted here!
LeBibish chapter 11 . 8/22/2007
I hope we get to see more of this. It's absolutely the most fascinating explanation of Book I've read.
Asuka Kureru chapter 11 . 7/5/2007
Oh, this fic is amazing. The Slayer thing is so smoothly integrated into the universe it feels like it's always been there. It's not a huge, glaring LOOK AT ME I'M HERE thing that rushes to arrive to the amazing!revelation (tm). And then there's all the little plots and characters weaving in the foreground, and Mal is so painfully in character, and what you've done with Inara is so very interesting. And when you mentioned that people now assumed that demons and monsters were code words for other things (haha, real demons, surely you jest), I think I just had a geek-history-gasm. XD And now the Slayer weapon!

In short, I really, really love this fic. On favorites and alert it goes!
Elleira chapter 11 . 6/17/2007
You've definitely got a good "firefly" voice and an interesting storyline going here. I hope you update soon.
Froggita chapter 11 . 4/12/2007
Fantastic! write more! write more! you have all the characters down perfectly, and it's about the most complex and interesting crossover idea I've come across! Well done! keep writing! pretty please with sugar and strawberries on top?
Niana Kuonji chapter 11 . 1/28/2007
I love your crossovers, have I mentioned that? *chuckles wickedly* Oh, this is _so_ much fun to read!
CalmintheChaos chapter 11 . 1/26/2007
I have always wanted to read someone's spin on the shepard's backstory. I love what you've done with it and where you're going. Update soon, you have me on the edge of my seat!
Raiining chapter 11 . 1/26/2007
You updated!

:: dances ::

Most excellent. /settles in too read. I'll have to backtrack a chapter first, to remind myself ... oh yes!

Hm...

Wonderful next chapter: I do love how your taking your time wit this, setting up the characters and the setting, but definately looking forward to some more action. Between the scythe (that *is* what Jayne pulled out, right?) and Simon's parents I reckon we should be on that soon.

Really enjoying River and Jayne: Simon and Kaylee were good, if a little flat - but then this wasn't really a shining moment for them, for all its cuteness.

Mal glanced from one to the other of them, noticing the way the air around them was starting to congeal from excess of gooey emotion, and decided his job there was done.

Hehehehe ... poor Mal. And we haven't seen Inara yet, have we? I wonder what she's been up too ...

Or Zoe, for that matter. Neat little extra detail there about how Book met Zoe when she was first born, back there in the last chapter. Makes it all feel very interconnected.

Great chapter: thank you for it. Definately looking forward to more!
Nadrek chapter 11 . 1/26/2007
Interesting - an axe as a legacy from Book.

I'm glad to see more of this.
keebler-elmo chapter 11 . 1/26/2007
good chapter great story. This is your first update since I've begun reading this story, and it lives up to my expectation. I just want to say in Chapter 5: Uncertain Footing, Mal's conversation with Inara is among the best I've seen written in this category. Focusing on this chapter, Mal's conversation with Simon on how he could never go back was great. I couldn't imagine someone seeing the dark side of the alliance ever being able to go about to working for and trusting them. Keep up the good work and update soon.