Reviews for The Choice
Whirlwind421 chapter 6 . 7/3
Good story. Poor John...that would suck.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 7/3
Intense!
Serpensis chapter 6 . 11/5/2008
Every human being is irreplaceable:) That's what I think. Everyone fears something but it's a part of our life. What woukd be a life without fear? Could we live with such a passion without it? It makes us enjoy every minute without it, because we know that it will come back.

I think the story is reamrkable, beautiful and and worth to be rememberd.

It makes us remembers of love, frendship, passion. That we are not alone. That there allways will be some problems and fears. But it says too that we are not alone. And that we don't have to be alone. It's better to have friends and be afraid of loosing them than live alone and do not fear of lossing someone..
stargate addict chapter 6 . 1/20/2007
The relationship between Rodney, Elizabeth and Sheppard were nicely done, I thought. It makes sense that Sheppard would make the decision that benefited Atlantis most. I'm really glad it was just a dream- deathfics are depressing. :)

Great fic! :D
Sholio chapter 6 . 4/11/2006
I really liked this! Nice development of the relationships between all three characters. I found myself thinking throughout the story that I hoped you wouldn't tell us who Sheppard had chosen, because it seemed that it would hurt either way. But in the end, when we did find out his decision, I then thought that it was a very ... Sheppard decision to make. It didn't have anything to do with his feelings for either one of them - it was the decision that he felt would benefit Atlantis the most. In a way, the fact that he was willing to make the decision in the way that he did was nearly as self-sacrificing as being willing to give himself up to save them.

Of course, I'm also a huge Rodney fan so I was kinda glad that Rodney didn't die, even if it was only a dream. ;)

I also liked that it was truly JUST a dream - not an alien spore or a VR world or an invading telepath ... just John's subconscious concerns for the people he loves invading his nightmares. Nice!
Shakia chapter 6 . 1/13/2006
Wow, I really loved reading this. Seriously, great detail and I love how he resolves it with Weir and Rodney! It was so awsome. You had the characters really well done too and I love the dream O.O Poor John. Totally awesome again and totally one of my favorites :D
krysalys chapter 6 . 12/16/2005
Unfortunately I'd have to agree with you. When it comes to living in the Pegasus Galaxy, as much as they need Elizabeth and her diplomatic skills, they need Rodney's brilliant mind to come up with solutions to save and protect them all. People such as Rodney McKay aren't all that common (and in a way, thank goodness, heh), and as much as Elizabeth would be missed, there are other very qualified diplomats out there who could replace her.

IMHO.

But then again, I am just the teensiest bit biased. ;) What can I say? I'm a chick with a crush on brilliant and sexy men! *chuckles*

Excellent tale.

-}-

Krys, who's very glad she's never had to bear the burden of that level of responsibility
Beach chick chapter 3 . 10/31/2005
I'm glad that Kate was able to help him.

Beach chick chapter 2 . 10/30/2005
I can't believe that John didn't want the two of them to leave the city. I guess he is letting that dream have control of him. Wow. Anyways...this is really good. :)

highonscifi chapter 6 . 10/30/2005
Yep. You are correct. I would've chosen Rodney to live, too. After all, like you said, he is irreplaceable.

Wonderful story. And I am very glad that you made it longer-I really enjoyed Sheppard's conversations with Kate, Elizabeth, and Rodney.

Well done!
Beach chick chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
John would choose Elizabeth to live because he was starting to fall in love with her.

Hazeydream chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Despite me being a ShepWeir shipper, I would say he chose ELizabeth to die coz he was being selflessness and giving up someone he knew he loved. He also mentioned that Rodney knew how to save Atlantis so I think unfortunately he made that decision. Well written story, full of emotions and tension. Really liked it!
Regal-Song chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Well...That was hard, I can't imagine what john could have done in a situation like that, but, I am a die-hard John/Elisabeth shipper and when it comes down to it, I think, yes, Rodney is to a degree irreplaceable to Atlantis and a great close friend of John's, but, Elisabeth, she is at the same time irreplacable to Atlantis as a leader, and irreplacable to John, I think that even though it would be a terrible decision to make, he would have to choose Elisabeth.

I think you need to write another chapter, I would like that very much to see where it goes in your mind.
rogue1503 chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Thoughts? Opnions? - yep, please write another chapter! - no, can't pick, this is way too hard! - you pick instead! - *evil giggle* - you try! - it's hard! - please write more!
RockyMtnGal chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
whoo...that was intense. Now as to who he chose; Rodney, for the good of the expedition. As you said, he's irreplacable. Knowledge can't be replaced, especially on that level. But I must wonder, would John, be able to function properly with Rodney or Elizabeth after something like that? Especially after the survivor found out that John is the one who decided their fate.

hmm...so many questions...

I can't wait to see where you go with this!