Reviews for Magdalene
JustWriter2 chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
[As they say, the only true Christian died on the Cross.]

That's a contradiction of terms. Christian means, 'follower of Christ,' and Jesus didn't follow himself.

As for Mary Magdalene, she hadn't whored sice she met Jesus, and when you accept Jesus your sins are washed away and you're made new.

I suspect that in the Firefly-verse translations have been muddled, but that's no justification for Shepherd Book to be as bitter as you make him seem about the situation.

I know that there are followers of Christ that have been misled, take that protest that was at that military man's funeral. I'm upset about that. I saw a sign that said, "God hates America," on the news feed and I nearly wept in sorrow. Whoever made that sign simply doesn't know that God doesn't hate America because God doesn't hate. I am praying about it.

-jwchan
teasers chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
You've definately written a good story here. Good job!
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
The Shepard was one of my favorite characters, and you do a real good job with him. A lot of depth revealed with only a few words.
Quiet Avarice chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Lovely story.
MoonKitty4 chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
I love this, there is such a scarcity of Book fanfics. And made such a lovely comparison between the two religions.
AutumnOak chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
What a thoughtful story! I love Book to pieces, and I really think this is the kind of stuff that goes through his head.

I'm fairly certain that Magdalene was not a whore, but I realize that after 20 years, nothing is established fact, so I'm going to shut up now...

Anyway, I hope you write more Firefly!
HonorH chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Really fascinating look at Book as regards Inara. I love the voice you've given him, and his musings. And the title is perfect. Great job!