Reviews for Barely Breathing
Clorinda chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
This was *good*. At first I thought this would be Kathryn's story. The beginning was a little different, but since I was picturing Kathryn's voice, I don't think it made much impact. The second I realised it was Annette, I fell out the window.

You put her very, *very* well in character, and I could *hear* Reese Witherspoon's voice in my head narrating it all. It's certainly not the average love triangle; hell, it's not even a triangle to start with.

I liked the part about "there's no past tense in love." Annette's emotion over there was heartbreaking.

The lyrics were a *little* bit corny, but the smooth flow of the writing and the poignancy of it all was squashing all the cheesiness in the world like Jack's giant falling off the beanstalk.

"Sometimes I walk up behind you, just to see."

That line was singularly heartbreaking. ::winces as her heart really cracks like a glass vase::

I *loved* the ending. (The part before the lyrics, at least, which at the end was unnecessary.) It was glorious.
Katie is rereviweing again chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
I was just thinking something. I'm so happy I had the idea for using this song as a fic and I'm even more happy that I let you do it. Mine would have come out.. well, like all my stuff comes out. So so. But this... is... well I can't put it into words really.

Heh. I was rereading my reviews to your stories as well and just... I used to be very easy to get excited wasn't I? Hmm. I liked to freak out in reviews a lot. They all sound stupid when I read them now. But hey, at least they expressed how much I love your writing. And perhaps they made you feel good? Well, I hope this does too because I really do love this story. As I do all of yours. Even the OTH ones. I dont' connect to those people as much, true. And the more I think about it the less I feel like there's any couple I would ship if I was more into it. Which is maybe why I'm not more into it. I love Peyton. I find her to be the most in depth character. And I love Luke. Mostly because he's so hot and makes me think of Tristin (no idea how to spell that name) on GG because he played him too. Though the whole perfection thing tends to get to me with him. Only thing I know of that he did that wasn't noble and kind and perfect was the whole Brooke/Peyton thing.

Anyway though... I'm getting off track. Just... I hate to think that you've ever doubted your writing. Don't know if you still do cause I don't talk to you but I'd assume you do. Cause what writer doesn't? Actually.. who in general doesn't? Pretty much no one. So just know... you shouldn't. Doubt yourself that is.

Katie
Bonjour Bonito chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
That was a killer last line!

I love, love, love this! I like how you show a different side of Annette (makes my hate for her decrease slightly...just slightly). Awesome writing, great job!
micahskitty chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
The wicked witch is DEAD! YES! Okay, done with celebration, so now it's time to congratulate you on this most excellent fic! I truly enjoyed it, and will continue to read more of your stuff.
kerimack chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
I wasn't going to read this at first because I'm just not terribly interested in Annette or her thought pattern, lol. But this was incrediably good! I love that you were able to make her a three-dimensional character and not just the 'poor-me' other girl. My particular favorite lines were:

"Maybe this should’ve been my first sign that you just didn’t feel the same, the way that our being together made me smile and you cry"

"You look at me like you know that you should. You look at Kathryn the way you know that you shouldn’t."

Also the last line about taking his car down with her, and of course the shark quote from 'Annie Hall' (I love that movie!) I'm pretty sure that's teh first time a Woody Allen quote has been used in a CI fic! Great job!
Mags0607 chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
great job... i loved it. I have no idea how you can write dark and depressing so well and they write fluff so well too. Awesome job!
valmontmerteuil chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
aww sam you already know i love this but i'm gonna tell you again. i may have come up with the song but i never could have written it as well as you. ahh so this is an amazing story and don't let anyone tell you differently! kk so i gotta go clean my room now haha

psychotic love